My Mother Wants to Get a 'Vampire Facelift'- What Can She Expect?

My mom keeps mentioning it but I want to be sure its safe and there isn't much information on this topic.

What to expect with a vampire facelift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The vampire facelift is a very safe procedure. With a vampire facelift, we use PRP, or platelet rich plasma. We take some the patient's blood and spin it down into a centrifuge. This will give us the plasma, which has the platelets in it. We remove and discard the red blood cells, and are left with a yellow serum that has all the growth factors. The serum has all the great factors of blood, plus the platelets, which stimulate everything to grow inside, such as the collagen, or angiogenesis. This makes new blood vessels and is great for your skin. You can then inject the PRP into the face, just underneath the skin. Over time, you can get around 10-15% more volume in your face, which can last a few years. It takes about 8 weeks to see. The procedure also gives you a better glow. It helps with your pores and your blemishes, and it gives you overall healthier looking skin.

While your cheeks are full from the PRP injection (cheeks will be full for four or five hours), we also take filler, and will put that in the cheeks and lower eyes. The filler is injected through the same little cannula (hole). The filler will remain for six or seven months. Overall, everything is performed in one procedure that typically only lasts an hour. Adding the filler help with wrinkles that are present, and when combined with the PRP treatment, can really help improve your appearance and give you a younger and more rejuvenated look. Please feel free to ask any specific questions about the procedure, I would be happy to answer them for you!

Vampire face lifts

If you are referring to the use of platelet rich plasma as a filler and facial enhancer it is quite safe. It is made from the patient's own blood platelets and injected into the face. It is a good facial filler especially for under the eyelid area. Some doctors do the initial procedure and then repeat it inane month and report great results. I have found it to be a useful adjunct to the other fillers and treatments that I offer. There are a couple of good studies by  Dr. Sclafani published in the Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is Vampire Facelift safe?

Vampire Facelift has been around for a while now and it has been deemed effective as well as safe by many clients so far. The procedure is minimally invasive and the results show an increase in the patient’s soft tissue volume. It also displays enhanced skin texture and tone. There is also very little down time to it.

Vampire Facelift works by drawing out a specific amount of the patient’s own blood. Then, the extracted blood is spun in a centrifuge to isolate blood plasma which will either be injected directly on a specific area or be microneedled. At times, it may also be combined with Restylane or Juvederm to achieve better or improved results. The Vampire Facelift and filler procedures can be done in as short as an hour.

If you still have doubts about it, you can inquire about it from a board certified plastic surgeon. You can inquire if it is something that will be effective for your case based on his thorough evaluations of you.

Robert W. Sheffield, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Is vampire facelift safe?

The vampire facelift is very safe. Before having the procedure its best to have the doctor review your mothers medical records to make sure she does not have a medical condition that may complicate the procedure.

The concentrated platelets that are used to treat the face are derived form the patients own blood so chances of an allergic reaction, contracting a disease is non-existent. Since needles are used the  chances of bleeding, bruising or even developing an infection do exist,althoug the chances are minimal. The fillers used can cause allergic reactions, even an immune response, but very rarely.

Client's Perspective of a Vampire Facial

There is a fear when you hear the term Microneedling that the treatment will involve large needles.  Our Client is happy to report that it was “ a piece of cake”.  It felt like a lovely deep tissue massage.  She liked the feeling of the needling – it was a relief compared to injections.  Even right after the treatment she is planning  another session of the Vampire Facial – it felt so good. 

Vampire Facelift- Safe and effective!

The Vampire Facelift® offers a way to restore shape and volume, improve tone and texture, rejuvenate collagen growth and give you a more youthful, attractive look.
Benefits to the Vampire Facelift
  • Smoother, brighter face
  • Injected only with natural resources - no artificial materials
  • Less expensive than similar types of skin tightening procedures
  • Body easily accommodates the filler because it is made from your own blood
  • Helps your tissue regenerate collagen
  • Improves skin texture and tone
  • Restores facial shape
  • No surgery or downtime
  • Non-invasive facelift
  • Rejuvenates scars
I think your mom would do fabulous with the Vampire Facelift. Please make sure to go to a certified Vampire Facelift Physician. You can visit their website to find a provider in your area! 

Sharon J. Littzi, MD
New Canaan Dermatologic Surgeon

Vampire Facelift Expectations

We have been doing the Vampire Facelift for the last 9 months and our patients have been pleased. When done properly, this is a minimally invasive procedure that does lead to increased soft tissue volume, improved skin tone and texture, and happy patients who require zero recovery time. We have combined PRP with Stromal Vascular Fraction (SVF), a stem cell rich solution extracted from ones own fat, to further enhance outcomes. We also offer Ultherapy in conjunction with the Vampire Facelift to get a truly "Non-Surgical Face Lift"!

Vampire facelift very short lasting

This is just a marketing gimmick for a temporary improvement related to the filler effect.  I have seen a few patients who have done this and they have all regretted it.  You can get the same result for a fraction of the cost using Radiesse, Restylane, or Juvederm

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

My Mother Wants to Get a 'Vampire Facelift'- What Can She Expec

To put it succinctly, she can expect to be disappointed. They draw some blood from her and then separate the red cells from the rest of the fluid and then they inject it into areas on her face. If there had been an injury in that same area, it might help it heal faster, but into normal tissue, it will cause some swelling for a short period of time and then return to normal.

Julio Garcia, MD

Vampire facelift

The name alone should dissuade anyone from having this procedure. The most that you could hope for is to turn into a vampire yourself.

This is all marketing.

I would refer you to the comments of the other respondents most importantly the physician who tried and abandoned the procedure.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon