I feel like my breasts are sagging 3 months post Breast Lift with 560cc implants. Do you think my lift was unsuccessful? (photo)

I had a breast lift with 560cc implants 3 months ago. I feel as though my breasts have dropped to the point they look as though they are sagging. Was my lift unsuccessful or is this how they should look with the size?

Your implants need to drop or nipple areola lifted for a better result

I agree with others that the implants have not descended into the breast and beneath the nipple areola.  If the implants were to drop lower I believe you would look less sagging.  Another alternative would be to revise your breast lift to place the nipple areola higher on the breast implant mound.  In either case some form of revision is likely necessary.  Please see your plastic surgeon.

Revision Requires Lower Pocket Expansion

It's virtually impossible to make a specific recommendation in this particular case without pre-operative pictures and a physical examination. Despite this, your post-operative pictures suggest that you've had a breast augmentation and breast lift surgery with relatively large breast implants. After three months, these implants are superiorly mal-positioned and are unlikely to drop into normal position.

Under these circumstances, there's only two available treatment options. These include raising the position of the nipple areola or dropping the position of the breast implants. Unfortunately, elevating the nipple areola positon in the presence of large implants would result in superior malposition of the areolas. This might cause exposure of the areola when patients wear low cut bras.

For these reasons, expansion of the lower portion of the implant pocket probably represents the best treatment option. This maneuver would probably decrease upper breast fullness and center the breast implants beneath the nipple areola complexes. 

If you're considering revisional surgery, it's important to thoroughly discuss your options with your plastic surgeon. Your surgeon knows exactly what was done at the time of your original procedure and should, therefore, be able to outline a treatment plan that addresses your concerns.

Sagging after breast lift with implants

Thanks for your question and picture.  It appears that you had very large implants placed for your frame.  Placing such large implants limits the amount of a lift that can be performed because the implants stretch out your skin while the lift will tighten the skin.  I do not think much more could have been done with a periareolar lift and such large implants.  Before pictures would be somewhat helpful for comparison.

Naveen Setty, MD

I feel like my breasts are sagging 3 months post Breast Lift with implants.

It is difficult to evaluate you without the preoperative pictures and the operative report. However, looking at your picture, I  see that your implants are still high for somebody who is 3 months out. This indicates that you may  have room for further descent of the implants and better result.
Three months are about the time you would expect to be close to your outcome. I recommend that you share your concerns with your surgeon and try to work with him.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS, FACS