I want to make my labia smaller. It hurts to sit and walk sometimes?

Hi this is my libia and I hate the way it looks my x boyfriend calls me which gets me down and upset I'm wanting it smaller so it not as much noticeable and would I get surgery free or not it also hurts sometimes when I sit or walk. it also makes me have to wash more as it smells horrible I am just im imbaressed by it and I not confident and I don't want to even show my boyfriend it makes me paranoid please help me

Labiaplasty

I am sorry to hear about your troubles.  I would recommend an in person examination of your labia for a possible labiaplasty.  Provided that you are otherwise healthy, reduction of the labia minora may help the way that you are feeling and may make you more comfortable as well.  Good luck!

Labiaplasty

I am sorry that you are experiencing that type of emotional and physical discomfort. It sounds that you would benefit from labiaplasty evaluation.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with good reviews on RealSelf and good before and after photos who you feel comfortable with to address these concerns.

Also, I'm glad he is your Ex-boyfriend. He sounds like a jerk. Just sayin'.

Enlarged labia minora can be functionally or psycho-socially bothersome. Local irritation, problems with personal hygiene, interference or discomfort with sexual intercourse and discomfort during cycling, horseback riding, wearing exercise clothing, walking or sitting are common complaints related to enlarged labia minora.

For these patients, judicious reduction of the labia minora may serve to improve the physical comfort during specific activity. Often, patients may not have symptoms related to the labia minora but are simply not pleased with the appearance of the redundant and/or dark skin. Surgical correction for these patients may help improve the patient’s self image or confidence. In these cases, like any procedure performed for “aesthetic” reasons, it is important to ascertain that the patient is internally motivated (doing the procedure for herself) not motivated by another party.  Please see the attached link for more information.

Labiaplasty surgery in Los Angeles

Functional labiaplasty is certainly a good option if you are experiencing discomfort with sitting or clothes. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Labioplasty can reduce the size of large labia minora

Thank you for your question. The discomfort and pain that you suffer due to the excess labia minora can be corrected with a labioplasty.

Labioplasty will make you more comfortable!

Labioplasty is a very easy solution to your problem. This procedure can usually be done under a local anesthetic and there is minimal downtime. The best candidates are women who have enlarged or elongated labia minora (inner lips) that hang below the labia majora (outer lips). This is becoming and increasingly sought after procedure now that so many women shave their pubic hair. The procedure is surprisingly inexpensive because there is no anesthesia fee. Most women can return to work and normal activity in just a few days. Most women will find it necessary to abstain from sexual intercourse anywhere from 2-6 weeks.

Mary Gingrass, MD

Labiaplasty

A labiaplsty is a great operation to make your labia smaller but in my experience it is very difficult to get insurance to pay for the surgery.