My Implants Have Gotten Noticably Smaller Since September 2011?

I had my breasts done with saline in September of 2011 and the past two weeks they have become noticably smaller what can be causing this.

Implants Have Gotten Noticeably Smaller

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It's hard to determine possible causes without before and current photos. However, it sounds as if you are experiencing a loss of #volume. One cause of the loss of volume is sagging or #ptosis.  Aging, weight loss, pregnancy, and breastfeeding are some reasons causing #breasts to #sag. Further, it's possible your breasts may be #leaking. This is when a #breast #lift may be beneficial.

A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is the most suitable for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis) as a result of development, aging, pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss . Some patients will experience better results to restore superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy; better known as #AugmentationMastopexy.
Altogether, the surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the nipple and areolae of the desired size and correct heightmay also be addressed. I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.The best method and #technique for your #procedures will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Another possible reason for the loss of #size or #volume is a #rupture or #leak. #Ruptured or #leaking #implants can and should be replaced. Saline implants may deflate spontaneously. When the patient has significant #symptoms, complete or partial leakage of their saline implant, or concerns regarding silicone leakage, it is recommended that the implant is removed and exchanged. 
Since saline is like normal body fluid, it is safe and easily absorbed if the implants were to leak. The #implant shell is ordered in a specified size which can be filled to a minimum or maximum fill amount. This allows the plastic surgeon some flexibility with sizing during surgery. Often times a woman has breasts which vary slightly in size. If one breast is slightly smaller than the other, each implant can be filled to a different amount to create better symmetry. Saline tends to be a little less natural feeling than silicone, but it can also create a more dramatic upper breast appearance, which some women prefer. 
Ruptured #Silicone implants may not be easily detected due to the cohesive gel they are filled with. To further ensure the safety, the FDA recommends women have periodic MRI testing to ensure their silicone implants are free from any defects.

Breasts smaller after implants

Sometimes, having implants can cause the native breast tissue to atrophy. However, this is usually a gradual process and most don't ever notice this. If your breast have become noticably smaller, this could be due to a leakage of the saline implants. This usually happens on one side only, though.  Another thought is that it could be because of hormonal changes. This could cause the "noticable" difference you mentioned. A thorough exam by your original surgeon, or a board-certified plastic surgeon, should help sort this out. Good Luck.

Breast Implants Appear Smaller Recently?

In order to answer your question accurately I would need to know what you mean by “noticeably smaller”. If it is a relatively minor change then is very likely that it is not your breast implants getting smaller but your breasts changing (for example with hormonal changes and/or weight change). If the implants have significantly changed in size then you may be dealing with leakage ( this would be extremely unusual to have bilateral saline breast implant leakage after breast augmentation done less than one year ago).

If you are really concerned, in-person consultation with your plastic surgeon will be more helpful than online consultation.