I had my gynecomastia surgery 5 months ago. When I flex my pecs I get a weird feeling around the nipple area. Is this normal?

I had this problem even for the first 2 months post op but then it has disappear. Unlikely the problem has returned and it really scares me.The feeling is hard to be described but mostly it feels like pressure.It really annoys me when i work at the gym and also scares me at the same time. Why does this happen to me? Is it normal? Thank you!

very normal to have strange feelings for a prolonged. Of time after the surgery. As long as it looks okay that's the only thing you have to worry about right now. Even though look itself will change over time. You are still pretty early so I would relax and you should do fine.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

What to Expect Post Gynecomastia Surgery

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.