Are my goals unrealistic? (Photo)

I am absolutely fed up with my body fat distribution. I am a 27 year old male, with stubborn fat deposits where they should not be. I work out five times a week (strength training) and do cardio (HIIT and Steady State). I follow most of Lyle Mcdonald's nutritional plans, and have certainly seen results, but there are areas that will not go. I'm attaching photos with my current state and my ideal look. I store fat like a woman, yet all my hormonal levels are in check. 6' 195lbs, 16% bf.

Are my goals unrealistic

The goals will depend on many factors.  One of them is if your muscular and bone structures can allow that.  Lipo is to remove those stubborn deposits you mention.

You seem to be in great shape.

Costa Rica Plastic Surgeon

Are my goals unrealistic?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Dr Derby

Liposuction can remove the fat from these areas that are not improving with exercise and together with your surgeon you can determine if it wise to do for instance a transfer to the buttocks area. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Not quite realistic

First of all, congratulations on your hard work at taking care of yourself. Based on the pictures, it really shows your dedication to working out.

First of all, you have better male physique than the great majority of men in the United States. Most guys would be jealous in comparison to what you have achieved.

Based on what I see, your fat distribution appears quite typical.

The proposed after pictures you show are more than what can be delivered with any type of liposuction.

In my opinion, parts of your ideal pictures look more feminine than what your actual pictures look like.

There may be room for improvement with liposuction, perhaps significant improvement.

Follow up with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has ample experience, good online reviews and seems to give you honest answers.

I recently read some of the other doctors' answers to your questions. It made me come back to revise my response.

I applaud their enthusiasm but question their ability to deliver the type of results proposed in the pictures you are showing.

When I look at the pictures of your proposed ideal waist, it appears thinner than what your body is without any fat. The projection of your bottom in the proposed sideways view also seems quite extreme. I would be surprised if that could be delivered.

You may get exceptional results from liposuction.

Follow up with a plastic surgeon. Sometimes it's helpful to get more than one consultation. Look for someone who has ample experience, excellent online reviews and gives you honest answers.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Realistic expectations

Liposuction is a perfect operation for people who have areas of stubborn fat which do not respond to diet and exercise.  Your photographs show a realistic expectation from surgery.

Liposuction for stubborn areas of fat

Liposuction works great for stubborn areas of fat. Nonsurgical treatment of fat is not always successful. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Body reshaping

You certainly can improve the stubborn areas with liposuction.  I perform liposuction and fat grafting routinely in my practice so all of this is possible.  Other alternatives include suing Cool Sculpting to treat stubborn areas.  This technology freezes fat.

Are my goals unrealistic?

As a bodybuilder, I understand the importance of exercise and nutrition.  As a plastic surgeon, I can achieve in 2 hours in the operating room what cannot be achieved by a lifetime in the gym.  I think that your body can be transformed, and I perform the liposuction and Brazilian buttlift on males with great success.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures and Brazilian buttlifts, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

Based on the pictures posted, you can achieve the results desired with liposuction.
However the buttock changes you modified, can be achieved with a buttock implant. You can do the liposuction and take the fat and transfer the fat to the buttocks and see if that is satisfactory to you, if not then a buttock implant will get you the results.or
do the liposuction , fat transfer and buttock implant.
Samir Shureih MD. FACS