What Can Be Done ​on my Face? (photo)

I had a car accident in 2009 and it left me with a bad scar which I'm always ashamed of. Please I need to know if anything can be done. I need to get my real skin back.

Doctor Answers 2

Removing a large dark scar on the cheek

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would use a combination of non surgical means to lighten the pigmentation with Melarase cream. This would likely take about 6 to 12 months.  In addition, you may consider undergoing staged surgical excision of the scar. 

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

Scar on face after car accident

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The only possible method that I can think of that might help with your scar would be to do something surgically.  There are a variety of methods that could potentially be used, but basically, the scar needs to be surgically removed to improve the area.  I would recommend seeing a plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon to discuss your options.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.