What can I do to make my face look more soft and feminine? (Photo)

I feel as if the major problem is my nose. Is there anything else going on here that u can address to tone down the rough edges? Thank you

Doctor Answers 5

Softening the Face

You'll notice that the physician members of RealSelf almost always advise people to arrange consultations with one or more
board certified plastic surgeons for an in-person examination and recommendation. This is especially important with a request like yours, a rather general one.

After a plastic surgeon evaluates your features/skin quality carefully and listens to your goals, he or she will present a range of choices and discuss pros, cons and pricing with you. You will be able to choose among non surgical techniques such as facial fillers and Botox, and a whole range of cosmetic surgeries such as rhinoplasty, cheek implants and fat grafting to fill out and rejuvenate your face.

The single most important thing you can do to ensure satisfaction is to choose your plastic surgeon wisely. Perform extensive research on the internet and find an experienced professional who performs hundreds of facial procedures each year. There is no one "right" answer to your question, so find a plastic surgeon you can trust (with excellent communication skills) and work with him or her in partnership.

Elliot Jacobs, M.D.
New York Plastic Surgeon

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 34 reviews

What can I do to make my face look more soft and feminine?

    The nose can be refined.  The lower eyelids may help improve the appearance as well as fat grafting to the cheeks.  However, an exam is always best to address your issues.

Kenneth Hughes, MD

Los Angeles, CA

Kenneth B. Hughes, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 492 reviews

What can I do to make my face look more soft and feminine?

I believe that adding a softness to the center of your face will make your face more feminine.  It is hard to say whether it is just the photo, but you appear to have a long, thin face.  Adding volume to the center of your cheek area will address this.

Francis R. Palmer, III, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

Feminizing the face

My advice to you is that you get a consultation with a facial plastic surgeon who will listen to your wants, carefully examine you, and suggests a variety of options to improve your appearance.  A good consultation is a dialogue including listening, analysis, and options.  The consultation should result in you making an informed choice relating to your options.  In my opinion, there is no substitute for this carefully performed consultation.

Jonathan Sykes, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 23 reviews

Making Face Look Softer and More Feminine

In addition to your nose I suggest that you discuss the contour of your lower eyelids with your surgeon. They do make you look tired.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.