How Can I Make my Face Look More Sculpted? (photo)

I am 18 and i feel like i have too much excess fat right around my mouth and my jaw is not very defined.. What can I do to fix this?

Doctor Answers 2

Facial Sculpting & Lower Face Enhancement Starts with a Good Exam

In this day and age of injectables & surgical enhancements, there are many possibilities for you: chin implant, genioplasty, fat transfer, liposuction, fillers & volumizers, pre jowl implants, lateral mandibular implants, lip lift, cosmetic dentistry, etc.  It is, however, challenging to make any recommendation based upon the single photo I see of your lower face. A 2-dimensional representation of your face from the nose down is no substitute for a good exam.Therefore, I strongly recommend that you see a reputable cosmetic surgeon who can examine your face in 3-D from all angles to judge the proportionality of all your facial features.  Believe it or not, the appearance of your lower face is very much linked to your mid face (nose & cheeks) and your upper face (eyes & forehead).  The lower face, mid face, and upper face should all be in relative harmony.  It's tough to make any solid recommendations when seeing part of your face in isolation...we need to see your whole face to make a worthy recommendation that has a good chance of improving your look.  And the other thing I'd add is that you should probably get a couple opinions.  Don't just act reflexively on the first surgeon's advice.  It might all sound wonderful, but make sure you do your homework before undergoing anything substantial.  Good luck Ciera from Canada!     

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 51 reviews

More Sculpted Chin

More pictures, like a profile view, would be helpful but the front view does suggest that you have a weak chin. You can achieve better definition in this area with a chin-jowl implant. 

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.