Why are my eyes different shapes/sizes and how do I change it? (photo)

How much is surgery and is there anything else I can do? I have always been extremely self - conscious about it and being 23 and financially stable I would like to know what my options are.

Doctor Answers 2

Upper eyelid asymmetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You have to see an oculoplastic surgeon to figure out if your right eye is too low or your left too high.  If you have a ptosis on the right, the left may be pulling up   too much.  When you fix the right upper eyelid the left one will fall a little. If you have any thyroid issues, the left lid may be too high.    

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 31 reviews

First, the lens you have used to photograph yourself is not complimentary.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Short focal length lens cause tremendous axial and barrel distortion of the face.  I also think you are being overly  critical of yourself.  On the other hand it does seem like your left upper eyelid might be a little retracted.  This can sometimes be due to thyroid eye disease.  I recommend that you consider seeing an oculoplastic surgeon.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a geographic directory on its website that will help you find a well qualified surgeon to assess you close to home (ASOPRS dot org).

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.