Can my Dominant Eye Be Treated with PRK Wavefront?

I am confused with all these different procedures out there now. After reading doctor's comments about corneal flap never healing, i definitely dont want that. I am thinking, is it possible to simply treat my dominant eye with PRK wavefront? My logic is, if i have problems reading later in life, i can get the other one done to read?

See a refractive specialist

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

No one can tell you one procedure is best for you without examining you. See a refractive specialist for a consultation and then discuss the pros and cons of each type of surgery. Together you can make the right decision.

New York Ophthalmologist

PRK vs LASIK vs LASEK

i used to perform LASIK and had a LASIK myself in 1999

the problem is the flap never heals so if you get hit in the eye it may come up years after

don't get a PRK i did my last PRK in 1999, it is painful, takes forever to recover, and scars

get a LASEK instead, that's the more advanced modern form of PRK these days

also you need ReadingVizion so you won't need readers later in life--that's what i did

hope this helps

Emil Chynn, MD, FACS, MBA
Park Avenue LASEK

Emil William Chynn, MD, FACS, MBA
New York Ophthalmologist