My Credit is Horrible So Financing is Not an Option. I Am Sure This is Asked All the Time, but What else is out There?

Plastic surgery financing vs resident clinic

Although I make my money by doing plastic surgery, I hate to make it from people who can't afford it.

There are payment plans but we do not self-finance in our office as we believe that sets up a bad dynamic between the doctor and the patient.

If you are seeking financing and even that is not coming through, evaluate carefully if you are spending your hard earned money the right way.

There are lower cost options as well such as the resident clinic at UCLA, where I am an attending.  Although the residents do the surgery, many patients get very nice results are are quite pleased with their results, at a much lesser cost.

My Credit is Horrible So Financing is Not an Option.

When patients have this problem it is usually easy to find a surgeon that will allow you to make payments for the surgery and when all the payments are completed the surgery can be performed.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Prices do vary - there are options

The cost of procedures can be very reasonable and plastic surgeons can be very flexible in financing. It depends on what you are looking to have done.

I have helped patients with insurance coverage for health-related surgeries such as a panniculectomy (often post-bariactric patients) and a breast reduction for heavy breasts. 

Make sure you do enough research and meet with doctors. You may be surprised that there are many great doctors who are offering very low prices for their services. 

One surgeon may perform an abdominoplasty for 10k, the average 6k, and another may be 3k! Just make sure your surgeon is board certified and has an established reputation. 

Steven M. Katz, MD (retired)
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Payment Options for a Mommy Makeover

A Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 

The costs of a #Mommy Makeover will depend on several factors. Such include the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees.  However, many payments plans exist for cosmetic procedures. Ask your surgeon's office about finance programs and lenders they may recommend as well as personal loans available through financial institutions.

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Options

If this is important to you, and you are not a candidate for financing, you need to establish a savings plan to save up for your procedure (s).   Best wishes.

Poor Credit vs Financing Surgery

There is a possibility of financing even with poor credit but you will have to put down about 60% of the cost up front and financing the remaining amount by having semi monthly or monthly ACH payments (automatic deductions from your bank account). Of course you have to have some source of regular income to be eligible for this plan.  A cosigner may also be necessary.  Only very few Plastic Surgery practices offer this and it is on a case by case basis.  

William Aiello, M.D.  Newport Beach Ca.

William Aiello, MD

Mommy Make Over Financing

Thank you for asking how to get a mommy make over when you have horrible credit.

1. Some residencies do reduced-cost mommy make over surgery.
  2. You can deposit money with a surgeon until the fee is paid in advance.
  3. You need health insurance - complications can be expensive.
  4. But horrible credit and children? Their needs come first. Sorry but I believe as a parent, you need to get your finances under control and some savings in the bank. Then save for the mommy make-over.

Payment Plan

Hello , 
Well in my clinic as Dr. Ronald DeMars , we do the same we give our patient their quote and they leave deposits and when you complete la full payment depending on the month you finish making them we can go ahead and look for dates and do the surgery. 

Regards !

Luis Suarez, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon