How can i get my columella elongated more towards upper lip? And can it be done with any of the easy methods? (photo)

Columella has got deep in compared to nostril sides, after my septoplasty. then i undergone rib rhinoplasty before 6 months but columella is still the same. And getting d columella elongate is safer??

Doctor Answers 5


Without seeing a profile photo it is impossible to determine what can be done, and have you had a previous rhinoplasty?

Miami Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 62 reviews

How can i get my columella elongated more towards upper lip? And can it be done with any of the easy methods?

  If the columella is retracted, cartilage grafting may be reasonable, but the picture is difficult to evaluate.

Kenneth Hughes, MD

Los Angeles, CA

Kenneth B. Hughes, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 492 reviews

"Elongating" Columella

I need to see a full set of nasal pictures as described on my website to better understand your question and make appropriate recommendations. Thank you.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

Columella and graft

The photo does not help much.  It is always better to be seen in person to understand what needs to be done or is possible.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Elongating the columella

Unfortunately, the picture you have posted is not sufficient to assess the degree of retraction you may have or the relationship of the columella to your nasal alae. If the columella is truly retracted grafting with cartilage is needed to lengthen the septum and/or resructure the cartilages of the columella. The fact that you have had rib grafting is suggestive that you don't have much cartilage left in your septum. This can be fixed, but you may need to have a third operation and more cartilage harvested for grafting.

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.