Is my Chest Small Enough for Lazer Lipo?

I am a guy with extreme gynecomastia (as a trans man, I was previously a DD, now possibly a B-C cup). I was told weightloss might help me as was overweight, I've since lost 60lbs. The skin on my chest is very stretched out. My "breasts" are much more mushy. I'm considering laser lipo, but think I might be a better candidate for double masectomy. Can laser lipo do much in this extreme of a situation?

About Gynecomastia and Options for Treatment

It's difficult to answer without photos or a one-on-one consultation. The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia.
According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast #enlargement.
Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you.
The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

Is my Chest Small Enough for Laser Lipo?

With a B to C cup after weight loss, you will need a skin and tissue excision surgery not laser liposuction.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Chest excess

Without an exam or at least photos it is difficult to say, but based upon your description it sounds like you have sk in excess as well and will need a reduction.

Excess skin in gynecomastia will not be eliminated by laser treatment.

Most gynecomastia can be treated by suction or direct excision without any skin take out. If there is a sizable amount of excess skin only surgical removal can solve the problem. The laser is a waste of time and money.

Gynecomastia: Does laser lipo work?

If you are looking for the lipo to reduce the volume, yes it may work.  If you are looking for the laser to shrink the skin, very doubtful.

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Laser lipo

obviously we would all want to see photographs. I can give you a general rule of thumb on this which is it is highly unlikely that the laser will give you enough skin shrinkage in this type of situation to matter. almost certainly will require some form of skin removal.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon