Are my breasts Tubular? and can I fix them without surgery? (Photo)

I'm 21, 267lbs and I want to know if with weight loss and toning will my Tubular breast improve.

Tubular breast

Thank you for the question and picture.

I do believe that you indeed have tubular breast and you do need a surgical procedure to correct this, I suggest and anchor incision breast lift with areola reduction as well as an implant placement under the muscle for volume and a more natural look. Honestly I can let you know that there's no other way for you to correct this issue, than with surgery.

Dr. Campos

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Not tubular but need surgery

Your breasts are not tubular but are ptotic. You would benefit from a new technique called The Ultimate Breast LiftTM. This technique will reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. Asymmetry and volume can be corrected at the same time. If you lose weight, the shape will be unchanged and the breasts smaller. You will need surgery to correct your breasts.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

BBA

It is unclear based solely on your photos if your breasts are tubular.  You need to be examined in person.  There are surgical options available to you regardless of the diagnosis (ptosis versus tubular).  I don't think non-surgical options would be very helpful.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Are my breasts Tubular? and can I fix them without surgery?

Thank you for the question and picture. As you have seen, you will get different diagnoses depending on which doctor you talk to. Regardless of the semantics (I do not see clear indications that you have tuberous breasts),  it is clear that you have breast ptosis and wide areola;  breast lifting plus/minus breasts augmentation will likely improve your situation. Nonsurgical modalities will not be helpful. You may find the attached link helpful to you. Best wishes.

Tuberous breast

Looking at your photo's I would say yes your breasts are tuberous.You a so have large nipple/areolar complexes as well.They will not get better with weight loss and toning.In fact your breasts can actually look worse if you lost weight because a breast is fatty tissue and breast tissue.I would do a lift/aug either as a comboned procedure or staged.ml

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts

The appearance of the photo is of slightly tuberous breasts. Tuberous breasts have three characteristics:

1. enlarge areolae

2. breast tissue herniated through the areolae

3. high inframammary fold

In order to correct tuberous breasts, either a breast lift or a breast implant (or both) are required. Based on the photos above, a breast lift alone (with lollipop scar) may be sufficient.

Tuberous breasts start further from the midline than a natural breast

Your breasts are not tubular. To be tubular or tuberous, the breast needs to be further from the mid line and shaped like a tuber. Your correction would take advantage of the usual techniques of lift, reduction, or augmentation. You will need surgery to correct the problematic shape, size, and nipple positions.

John Cassel, MD (in memoriam)

Correction of medial breast deficiency

Thank you for your question.  You do not have classic tuberous breasts.

You do have breast ptosis or sagging and medial breast deficiency.  Notice that your breast is full on the outside or lateral portion of your breast near the arm but near the breast bone you lack a normal amount of breast tissue which creates a straight line appearance.

Unfortunately there is no nonsurgical method that I am aware of which can correct to this.  If you do wish to have correction you should consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, is experienced in reconstructive breast surgery and has an excellent reputation in your community.

Tuberous breasts and Options of Treatment

Tuberous breasts are congenital variation in breast shape in which the skin around the areola is loose and puffy, the inframammary fold is usually high on the chest, and the base of the breast is narrow.  This results in a breast which is conical in shape. From your photo, I believe your breasts could be considered tuberous in shape.  Given that your nipples fall below the fold under the breast there is also a component of sagging or ptosis. Unfortunately, the only way to address these issues is with a surgery.  An anchor type of breast lift with or without breast implants would be a good option.  Although loosing weight will be good for your overall health, it will not significantly change the shape of your breasts.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts.

Your breasts have some of the findings of tuberous breasts (widespread breasts, large areola), not others (small breasts), and for some (constricted lower pole, high breast fold) I cannot tell from the photos.

This can be altered,but only with surgery--a breast lift if the volume is adequate, and if not, also implants or fat grafting.A consultation, in person, with a plastic surgeon will be the best way to learn your options.l

All the best.