My breast sags like an old woman's? (photo)

I have one kid an I breast feed for one year an this was the out come what can I do to get them more healthy looking

Doctor Answers 10

Breast Rejuvenation following Pregnancy

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Breast rejuvenation following pregnancy may include breast augmentation with or without breast lift (mastopexy). 
It is recommended to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your individual situation.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Toronto Breast Augmentation with Implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I think you would be an excellent candidate for a breast augmentation based on your posted photo.  You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options.  These changes are quite common after having kids and breast feeding.  Best of luck!


Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)
Toronto Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 35 reviews

Changes after breast feeding

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
can be addressed with surgery.  The type of procedure depends on what you are trying to achieve.  Best to see a local plastic surgeon to be evaluated, measured and to allow you to size implants or discuss other options such as fat grafting.  But there are many procedures you could choose from, depending on what your goals are.

Curtis Wong, MD
Redding Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

My breast sags like an old woman's?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The changes you have experienced are commonly seen after pregnancies (" involutional hypoplasia”). You  will likely benefit from breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Of course, specific advice would require in-person consultation and a full communication of your goals.

 Best to seek in person consultation with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

 I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Sagging breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Your situation is very common- I've seen 2 patients like you this afternoon!  A breast augmentation with a lift is often the right surgery for patients who have had sagging after breast feeding, but because there are so many ways in which a breast can be rejuvenated, the best thing is to see a board certified plastic surgeon for an exam and discussion about your options.  One thing to be sure of is that there are great options for you.  Best of luck!

How to reverse breast sag

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question and photograph.  A breast augmentation will restore the fullness of your breasts.  A formal exam and consultation by a board certified plastic surgeon will determine if you need a breast lift or not.  From your photograph a breast augmentation alone may be all that you need.  Please read the article in the link below to understand when 1 needs a lift and when one does not.

How to reverse the signs of pregnancy

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Patients will commonly lose volume with pregnancy and ie looks as if that is the case with you.  Likely just an implant will reverse the changes fairly adequately though seeing you in person could help to answer that question definitively.  A lift may be necessary but implants alone are likely to do the job.

Sagging Breasts after Breast Feeding

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

From your photo,  it looks like you would benefit from a breast lift, or a breast lift with implants. A breast lift surgery will achieve a lifted look, and adding implants along with the  breast lift will help them look lifted and fuller. When choosing a doctor, be sure to choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in breast surgeries and can show you before and after pictures. 

Breasts Sagging After Pregnancy

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The most noticeable change (assuming that they were a bit fuller before your pregnancy) is the 'deflated' appearance of your breasts.  This loss of breast volume contributes largely to your saggy appearance.  Without the benefit of an exam or additional pictures, the best option to rejuvenate your breasts would be a breast augmentation with or without a lift. 

Believe it or not, some women with a similar breast appearance get a wonderful result with breast implants only.  Discuss this option with your plastic surgeon.  Remember, a breast lift may ultimately be necessary to give you the most youthful result.

Louis DeLuca, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 58 reviews

Breasts sagging

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You would look great after a breast lift with implants.  I'd suggest a submuscular implant and vertical breast lift. 

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 51 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.