Are my Breast Implants Way Too Far Apart? I'm 1 Month PO. (photo)

It's been one month since my breast augmentation procedure. I'm happy with the size and shape, though I would consider going slightly larger. Part of the reason I would consider going larger is in the hope that the gap between my breasts would be minimised. Changing sizes would cost a great deal of money, which I'm hesitant to go through with. Are there any alternatives? Do you think they are too far apart? Any honest advice would be greatly appreciated.

Breast Implant Spacing and Cleavage

While your picture is distorted by having your arms raised, any concern about implant spacing should be given more time for healing and your adjustment to them. Remember that breast implants merely increase in size the way your breasts were before surgery. So I suspect this is a good result for you based on where you started. It is likely, which is common, that you believed your implants would create cleavage when they will not almost regardless of size. Most certainly you should never go up in size with the belief that it will make your implants closer together.

Breast Implants Positioning?

Thank you for the question and photo.

I think you will be better served by submitting a photo with your arms by the side and standing.

Based on the photo that you have submitted, it seems that your breast implants are positioned nicely,  with the nipple/areola complex is centered on the breast mounds. An attempt to move the breast implants towards the cleavage area  would potentially cause problems with rippling/palpability of the implants  in the cleavage area and/or with the nipple/areola complexes appearing off centered on the breast mounds.

I would suggest that you continue to be patient and  evaluate the end results of surgery 6 months  to a year from now.

Implant spacing

Your implants look fine to me at this point.  Give it 6 months of healing before being too critical.  Remember that going wider to close the gap increases the risk of getting a "unibreast."

Implants too far apart?

Hi there:

From your picture, it's simply not possible to make a sensible evaluation.  Your arms are up, and it looks like you might even be lying down.

If you're able to post a picture with you standing in a relaxed upright pose facing directly to the camera, we'll have a chance of offering you some worthwhile advice. Even better, a second picture with you standing looking at the camera with your hands on hips pressed hard will further help us to offer you a good opinion.

Best of luck.

Interval between breasts varies

every woman is different. the space between the breasts is not the same. the breasts are where they are and the surgeon must center the implants on the nipples, wherever they happen to be. your implants look to be properly positioned . appears that your surgeon did a nice job!

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Wide space between the breasts

In patients with a wide sternum, it can be quite difficult to get a large amount of cleavage. Placing the implant under the muscle makes the ability to decrease that space harder as the muscle will push the implant laterally. Going on top of the muscle will allow a slightly closer placement but one has to be careful in doing so to avoid a synmastia problem.

Julio Garcia, MD

Implants are centered in the breast

You may have wider spacing on your chest, though the implants must be centered under the nipple within the breast envelope to look 'right'. Let yourself heal and settle in for six months or longer before you judge.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Breast implant position

From your photo, it is difficult to assess them given that your arms are up.  I would continue to allow your implants to settle and for your skin to stretch.  From your photo, I think that your implants will be very well positioned.

Be patient and continue to follow with your PS

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants too far apart? 1 month post op.

Thank you for the photo. The photo would be better if you were standing up, facing the camera, hands relaxed at the sides.  Most of the time the goal is to have a 2 to 4 cm space between the breasts. This can vary from patient to patient. A board certified plastic surgeon can make the distance smaller. If too small there is a risk of symmastia. Each patient's chest wall and soft tissue is different. There is an interaction between the chest wall, soft tissue and the implant itself. This can drive the implants apart at times. Cleavage comes from bras that push together the upper pole. It looks like, given your tissues, that you have a very reasonable result. Make sure you tell al of your concerns to your board certified plastic surgeon. It is okay to ask questions.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Implants and chest width

The width of your implants are definitely related to your underlying anatomy.  It is a bit early and it will change a bit more with time.