My Breast Are Not Even and my Nipples Are Not Centered. 6 Weeks Post Op? (photo)

I'm 6 weeks post op today. I had 325 cc smooth round silicone on my left breast and 375cc on my right. I wanted to know if my breast will change more with time. I heard that about 6 weeks is the final results.. my right is still higher than my left and they are not as big as I thought they would be. My nipples are not centered. I don't feel happy right now. How much longer until I should start worrying?

Implant Position

Thank you for your photographs.  The breast at 6 weeks may have some swelling which will resolve and help the perceived uneven position.  In my experience silicone implants don't settle as much as saline implants.  Regardless, I place implants in the desired position at the time of surgery and do not leave the implant position fate base on "settling".

I would recommend implant exercises to help stretch out the lower breast skin to help the implants "settle".  Give it 3 months time.

Dr. ES

My Breast Are Not Even and my Nipples Are Not Centered. 6 Weeks Post Op?

It is still quite early into your healing and it's not uncommon for #asymmetry as each breast heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. #Healing will continue for 2-3 months following your #breast procedure.

Breast revision surgery is performed for a number of reasons and factors related to the patient’s initial breast surgery. One reason is asymmetry. However, there's no guarantee the #asymmetry will simply be resolved with one breast revision. There are various reasons breasts can appear uneven or asymmetrical; which have to be taken into account when your surgeon determines the appropriate approach and technique for your #revision surgery.

Typically, it's best to wait 6 to 12 months depending on the reason for #revision.  Matters such as sagging or drooping  and size change will not improve with time. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Breasts uneven at 6 Weeks post-op

At 6 weeks it's still too early to worry or consider revisionary surgery.  Try to be patient and give it a couple more months for them to settle into place.  A before photo would be helpful to see about the asymmetry because if you were asymmetric before, you will still have some asymmetry after.  Follow up with your surgeon and let him/her know about your concerns but for now, give it a little more time. ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Change after 6 weeks following breast augmentation

Your breast implants still have time to settle and adjust.  I recommend discussing exercises that you can do to help as well as bras that can help.  Good luck.  I would not recommend revisional surgery until 6 months post op.  Good luck. 

Sacha Obaid, MD

Healing after an augmentation

takes several months for your 'final' result.  You should be in contact with your surgeon for maneuvers that you can do to help you achieve the look you desire.  As for being even, the obvious question is were you even before surgery?  Its very common for women to have asymmetric breasts and implants will not change that.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breasts 6 weeks after augmentation surgery

At 6 weeks you are still a bit early. They will still change with time. Give it a few more months. Good luck.

Breasts are

I suspect you had some pre-exisiting asymmetry pre-operatively, and your surgeon should have identified this, and discussed realistic expectations with you. You will see changes through about 3 months, and massage fine tunes the final result. Without standardized pre-op photos it;s tough to assess surgical versus pre-existing symmtery issues.

Evan Feldman, MD, FACS
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Early postop breast augmentation

I believe it is still early for your final results.  Your implants look a bit constricted in the lower and lateral poles.  Start massage, especially in the downward direction and consider a bandeau or strap across the top.  Your results may improve significantly over the next few months. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Breast And Nipples

Your breast are still healing and changing.  Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon as often as he recommends.  If a revision is needed, that will not be determined for several months.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Uneven breasts and nipples...

Hello and thanks for your post. I see those issues you have pointed out, but the overall result looks very nice. Not all asymmetry can be overcome and it looks like you have fairly good symmetry. At this point, there's no need to start worrying. You should give you tissue ample time to fully heal and if there's some dissatisfaction after 1 year since surgery then think about revision. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD