My Breast Are Asymmetrical by Two Cup Sizes Possibly Three. What Kind of Doctor Should I Consult About my Breast?

The right side never fully developed above an A cup and has been this way since I was12. I'm currently21 and have always been very self conscious about this issue. I read a report about the possibility of asymmetrical breast could be a possible factor in breast cancer and well I think it's time to visit a doctor about this issue. I think it's time and just want to make sure I see the right specialist that'll be able to provide me the most help.

Doctor Answers 4

My Breast Are Asymmetrical by Two Cup Sizes Possibly Three. What Kind of Doctor Should I Consult About my Breast?

The size discrepancy is best evaluated by a plastic surgeon, and I would start there. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 492 reviews

Severe breast asymmetry

If your breasts have been asymmetric since you were 12, it is highly unlikely you have breast cancer. Most women are not symmetric, but unfortunately you just have severe asymmetry. You should consult a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breasts. If they feel it's warranted, they may order a mammogram, but from what you're saying, I doubt that will be necessary. Your PS can discuss the various options with you such as reducing the left side and/or different size implants and possible lift on the left.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 36 reviews

Asymmetry with breasts

Thank you for this question. Asymmetry is extremely common and considered normal in most people. Severe asymmetry may be congenital or may represent another issue. A board-certified plastic surgeon can guide you and determine if you need to see a breast surgeon (general surgeon) as indicated. Good luck!

David C. Yao, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

Assymetrical breasts

I would start off with a plastic surgeon who can assist in correcting the assymetries. If your plastic surgeon feels that a referral to a surgical oncologist would be helpful he/she will let you know.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.