How Can I Make my Big Areola Small? (photo)

Hi There,

I just wanted to include this link here that will direct you to our Nipple Surgery page. This may help with your research.

Hopefully this helps!

How Can I Make my Big Areola Small?

The question of areolar reduction in your case is of concern. The posted photo demonstrate an average areolar diameter. Why risk the possible scars from a reduction operation? 

Areola Reduction

Thank you for your inquiry. From the photo you provided, your areola seems to be of normal size and proportion. An in person consultation would be necessary for a proper assessment to see if you are indeed a candidate for this surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for best results. Best, 

Areola reduction

This is a personal aesthetic decision.  You could do an areola reduction that would leave a scar around the areola periphery, similar to the scar from a periareolar mastopexy.  I agree that it is a trade of a scar for smaller areolas.  Only you can decide if the scar is worth the change in appearance.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon