7 Weeks PO, Still Can't Feel Right Nipple and Some Part of my Skin, What Should I Do?

I'm on my 7weeks Breast Op and I Can't Still Feel my Right Nipple and Some Part of my Skin.what Should I Do?

Sensation Change after Augmentation

Although the risk of permanent sensation loss is very low, it is possible to see temporary sensation changes that take 3-6 months to return.   I typically warn patients that the larger the implant that is placed, the higher the risk of sensation changes.     This is because the sensory nerve to the nipple and areola will be stretched by the implant.    The good news is that most cases stretch injury to the nerve results are temporary.
I would recommend aggressive massage to your implants and to any areas of burning/tingling.  I wish you a safe and healthy recovery.

Temporary nipple numbness after breast surgery is common

Temporary numbness of the breast skin and nipple is a common occurrence following both breast augmentation and breast reduction surgery.  Although return of sensation cannot be predicted, it often takes at least a year to know the final result.  Just try to be patient.

Roger J. Oldham, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Consensus on numbness following breast surgery

In almost everyone, time allows healing and healing allows your nerves to re-establish connections.  Hope for the best and look for clues that things could be getting better for you.  This is 'water under the bridge' and 'spilt milk'... focus on healing and good things can happen.

Curtis Wong, MD

Temporary anesthesia of the nipple can occur four months after breast augmentation.

Permanent Anesthesia of the nipple is almost unheard of in breast augmentation. This will undoubtedly get better but it may take several months.

Dear Mod78,

Thank you for your post.  There is nothing to do at this point.  It is not uncommon to have months of either decreased or increased sensation (hypersensativity).  This usually goes away completely, but can take 3-6 months, and even sometimes a year. 

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Numbness Following Breast Augmentation

It is not unusual to have some numbness following breast augmentation.  It is still quite soon following your surgery and there is a good possibility that you will get some return of sensation.  There really is nothing other than exercise patience that you can do at this point so just try to relax and not think about it too much and hopefully you will see gradual improvement over time.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

7 Weeks PO, Still Can't Feel Right Nipple

At this point, you are still early in the healing phase.  Numbness or decrease sensation in the nipple and breasts is not uncommon and will gradually go away.  However, it can take months for some patients to regain sensation.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Breast augmentation and nipple sensation

At 7 weeks post breast augmentation, it is not uncommon for some women to have decreased sensation. This usually gets better with time.

Nipple Numbness

Because you have some numbness of your nipple and skin there's really nothing to do at this point. A tinctured time is your best treatment. Usually the feeling will come back over several months. I would not start to concern myself for at least another six months.

Dr. ES

Loss of nipple sensitivity after a breast augmentation

Not much you can do at this point to change the course of events but it is unusual to have permanent loss of nipple sensitivity after a breast augmentation.  Give it a few more months and hopefully your sensation will return.