Is it normal for an anatomical implant placed submuscular to slide down in pocket two weeks post op? (Photo)

I had circumvertical mastopexy with Mentor MemoryShape 375 MM+ placed submuscular. At two weeks post op I can feel my left implant slide down in the pocket. I feel it move around with arm movements, but from laying down to standing I feel it drop down. There's no movement with my right side. I feel it's too soon for it to settle and I'm worried something might be wrong? I called my PS office and asked and the nurse said its normal, but I'm still worried about it. These pics are actually 3 weeks post op.

Implant movement

First of all take a deep breath and be assured your surgeon wants the best result for you. regardless of implant type placed, the implants can move around in the pocket a little bit post-op. While plastic surgeons attempt to make implant pockets the perfect size/shape for the implant to be delivered into, that doesn't always work out. But thats ok. See your surgeon for follow-up appt.'s as scheduled and you should be fine. Your result looks good at 2 weeks.

Implant motion post op

If the two sides would only behave the same after surgery, it would cause a lot less stress!  This may be perfectly normal. Your pictures look great. It's not uncommon for swelling to resolve at dramatically different rates on the two sides. Take a deep breath and don't panic. The implant may be moving or the nerve endings I. The breast may be misfiring and giving you bad information. Make an appointment to see your surgeon for an exam and you will feel better.   They may want you in a more compressive bra while your capsule matures and they may not. Regardless, it is to soon to panic. See your doctor for reassurance and wear a snug bra to prevent the perceived motion if that makes you feel better. 

Melinda Haws, MD