What will medicaid cover?

I had a hernia repair back in may of 2010. That has since "came apart" and needs to be done again. I saw a surgeon and found out I also have diastisis recti and some loose skin from pregnancies (not fat...just skin, I am only 105lbs) what will be covered?

Hernia, diastasis and loose skin- what will Medicaid cover?

Thank you for asking about your hernia, diastasis and loose skin after pregancy.

• I am sorry you have a recurrent hernia - 
  • If you had children after the hernia repair, this might be the reason the repair didn't hold.
  • Medicaid will cover the hernia repair - you may need a mesh repair this time. (Ask your surgeon).
  • But Medicaid will usually not pay for repair of a diastasis or removal of loose skin -
  • This would be something you would usually need to pay for yourself because it is considered cosmetic.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS