What will medicaid cover?
Doctor Answers 1
Hernia, diastasis and loose skin- what will Medicaid cover?
Thank you for asking about your hernia, diastasis and loose skin after pregancy.
- I am sorry you have a recurrent hernia -
- If you had children after the hernia repair, this might be the reason the repair didn't hold.
- Medicaid will cover the hernia repair - you may need a mesh repair this time. (Ask your surgeon).
- But Medicaid will usually not pay for repair of a diastasis or removal of loose skin -
- This would be something you would usually need to pay for yourself because it is considered cosmetic.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.