Buccal fat removal to reduce big cheeks? (photos)

Hi Doctors , Since my childhood many people noticed that I have a big cheek despite I'm not obese, I feel that my fat cheek can't show my face beauty , always I feel embarrassed when person ask me if I suffer from my teeth coz my cheek look puffed ! Do you think buccal fat removal is the solution ? Ps: maybe the picture can't be so clear to show the fat cheek (btw i have a cheek more fat than other coz of that when I want to take a selfie I use the nice profile

Buccal fat removal?

Thank you for asking about your buccal fat removal.

Yes, based on your photos you appear to be a good candidate for buccal fat reduction. One photo suggests that your result might be enhanced with a chin implant. But find a plastic surgeon whom you feel you can trust and discuss the pros and cons of both procedures and enjoy your result!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Buccal fat pad removal for facial contouring

Thank you for the post. I think that it could help with that slightly rounded or Full look to the bottom half of your face and cheeks. However, I think the chin and jawline lack a little strength and definition. I don't point that out as a negative feature for you but I think in the context of buccal fat pad removal the face may continue to have that rounded look in the bottom half. Therefore I think you may not get much cosmetic benefit from it and I think in your particular case it could make you look a little less youthful.  Obviously you need an in person consultation to be sure but that is what my instincts are telling me based on your photo.

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Buccal Fat Pad Removal

Buccal fat pad removal can help to sculpt the cheek and give it more definition. However, one other reason your cheek may look puffy is by the small projection of your chin. Augmenting your chin will help to bring balance to your lower face and make your cheeks appear more in balance with your overall facial structure. 

Samir Pancholi, DO
Las Vegas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Buccal fat removal to reduce big cheeks? -= possibly, but small jaw can make cheeks to look big too #buccalfatremoval #chin

Achieving a chiseled, less chubby face requires to address multiple factors in the face and the body composition to contribute to this physical finding. This analysis will help to determine what is the plastic surgery procedure(s) what could best help to correct a chubby face, thus achieve a slimmer more chilled face. 

Some of the physical findings that may need to be addressed to achieve a slimmer / chiseled face are: 

• Lower anterior cheek fullness: this could be addressed surgically with buccal fat removal 
  • Anterior and lateral cheek bone projection: lack of cheek bone projection won't allow to have a chiseled appearance, event if the above factors are achieved. Therefore, it someone has not good cheek bone projection, he or she may require cheek augmentation/ enhancement with either soft tissue fillers like voluma or cheek implants
  • Small jaw/chin: Small jaw bone can make the cheeks to look bigger, specially in men. Therefore if the jaw is small, either or both chin and/or mandible implants could help to "decrease" the look of the chubby cheeks by balancing the lower face (jaw) with the upper face.

Patients interested in determining if buccal fat  removal may help to achieve a chiseled face should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in plastic surgery procedures of the face.

John Mesa, MD