Buccal fat removal to reduce big cheeks? (photos)

Hi Doctors , Since my childhood many people noticed that I have a big cheek despite I'm not obese, I feel that my fat cheek can't show my face beauty , always I feel embarrassed when person ask me if I suffer from my teeth coz my cheek look puffed ! Do you think buccal fat removal is the solution ? Ps: maybe the picture can't be so clear to show the fat cheek (btw i have a cheek more fat than other coz of that when I want to take a selfie I use the nice profile

Buccal fat removal?

Thank you for asking about your buccal fat removal.

Yes, based on your photos you appear to be a good candidate for buccal fat reduction. One photo suggests that your result might be enhanced with a chin implant. But find a plastic surgeon whom you feel you can trust and discuss the pros and cons of both procedures and enjoy your result!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Buccal fat pad removal for facial contouring

Thank you for the post. I think that it could help with that slightly rounded or Full look to the bottom half of your face and cheeks. However, I think the chin and jawline lack a little strength and definition. I don't point that out as a negative feature for you but I think in the context of buccal fat pad removal the face may continue to have that rounded look in the bottom half. Therefore I think you may not get much cosmetic benefit from it and I think in your particular case it could make you look a little less youthful.  Obviously you need an in person consultation to be sure but that is what my instincts are telling me based on your photo.

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Buccal Fat Pad Removal

Buccal fat pad removal can help to sculpt the cheek and give it more definition. However, one other reason your cheek may look puffy is by the small projection of your chin. Augmenting your chin will help to bring balance to your lower face and make your cheeks appear more in balance with your overall facial structure. 

Samir Pancholi, DO
Las Vegas Facial Plastic Surgeon