Botox or Filler for my situation? (photos)

Hi there , I'm 30 years old man who has unsightly under eye wrinkles , some fine lines side the eyes and under eye bags ! Well I don't know which treatment I should do : Botox or filler ? And what about bags under eyes ? Which treatment is the solution ? Really appreciate any help with this. Thanks

Botox or Filler for My Situation?

I would use Botox for the area at the side of the eyes, also known as crow’s feet. The hollowness at the corner of the eyes I would fill this in with a filler such as Juvederm. You may also benefit from the use of Restylane. I recommend seeing an expert injector for an in person consultation to determine your treatment plan.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox or Filler for my situation?

Hi,    I do believe that you would benefit greatly from Botox as well as undereye filler with Restylane LYFT. I would Botox you in your glabellar area as well as your crow's feet. I would go under your eyes in the hollows with Restylane LYFT. The Restylane would last a minimum of eight months and it is variable from person to person but you would probably need two syringes of Restylane LYFT. Wear sunblock, stop rubbing under your eyes and please see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for your treatments.

Jeanine B. Downie, MD
Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon

Eye wrinkles

For the wrinkles and lines Botox would be best. As far as the bags are concerned neither filler nor Botox will alleviate this. That would require surgery. Be sure the doctor you see is well qualified and board certified

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

This Combination Will Help

Fillers, lasers, and microneedling/PRP can improve under eye hollows/bags/wrinkles. My patients try to get non surgical treatments to avoid surgery. We use PRP and stem cells there often. I suggest consulting with an expert to develop a treatment plan best suited for your short and long term goals. Best, Dr. Emer.

Under eye bag treatment

The most beneficial of the 2 treatments would be filler for this area. You have loss of volume and need to replace this. I use Restylane for this and always use a cannula. Botox will help in the active wrinkles when smiling. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox or filler

Sometimes you need a combination of botox and fillers.  The filler such as restalyne silk can be placed to soften the dark shadows below your eyes.  Botox can be used to smooth out the fine lines around your eyes. Just be sure that the injector has knowledge of how to use these products near the eye.  

Botox & Filler

Dear carthageo:

Looking at your photos, I would recommend small amounts of Botox for the lines (crows feet) to the sides of the eyes and a filler like Teosyal Redensity II for the area under ( tear trough) your eyes.  All the best.

Botox or Filler

Thanks for your question!  Botox is great for those fine lines at the side of the eyes, otherwise known as crow's feet.  Discoloration and hollowness at the corners of the eyes can be treated with Juvederm filler.  You can also try deep microneedling around the entire eye area to help with bags and fine lines.  A medical grade eye cream can also help as well.  Best of luck!

Basic Rules; Botox For Treating The Muscles Of Facial Expression; & Fillers For Smoothing Static Lines & Wrinkles

Your question suggests that there may be some confusion in your mind as to the purposes for neuromodulators (such as Botox, Dysport and Xeomin) and fillers. As a general rule, Botox (and the others mentioned) are useful for softening the hyperactive movements of the muscles of facial expression or damping the static tension within them that can also give rise to wrinkles and folds at rest. Common examples would be "crow's feet" lines, "worry lines" across the forehead, and "frown lines" between the eyebrows that appear,  worsen, or become more exaggerated when a person emotes (i.e. smiles, raises the eyebrows, or scowls).

Fillers, by contrast, are used for softening or eliminating fine lines, folds and crevices within the skin that are present at rest and that have often resulted from years of daily movement of the muscles of facial expression, a repetitive process that eventually results in "folding" the fabric of the skin and "etching" it with permanent wrinkles. 

So, for example, in your case, those wrinkles to the sides of your eyes that worsen with smiling would be amenable to Botox treatment, and your under eye bags could be benefited by a filler to help camouflage the early tear troughs and sac formation. It may also lighten a bit the darkness in that region. 

You would do well to seek consultation and treatment by a board certified aesthetic core physician with experience and training in treating the male face and before agreeing to proceed, make sure to check out his/her before and after photos. Best of luck to you.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD