Can anyone tell me thoughts on what went wrong during my last injection? (Photos)

I had Volbella injection, when I left I had numbness and tingling in this side only for 2 hours in the lip and above. There was also a very sore tender spot beneath the lip, almost felt like a split or cold sore.

What went wrong during filler injection

It's not possible to tell for sure what is going on from the photos, but you need to return to see your injector as soon as possible (TODAY) for in person evaluation.  One possibility would be vascular occlusion or blockage of a blood vessel.  If there is a vascular occlusion,  the filer needs to be dissolved with hyaluronidase.  Another possibility would be a herpes/cold sore outbreak.  Seek further care immediately.

Regards,

Dr. Ort

Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Blisters after Volbella--Contact Dr. for after care

This is difficult to answer without a formal evaluation. This may be due to technique, but I recommend contacting your Dr. to determine if this is a cold sore or apthous ulcer versus filler migration/swelling and best options for wound care. Best, Dr. Emer

Can anyone tell me thoughts on what went wrong during my last injection?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination It appears that your injections were placed too superficially, into the epidermis of the skin resulting in blistering.   I would return to see your injector to discuss treatment options and wound care until this clears.  Best wishes.