What is the timeframe to have undergo another procedure? (Photo)

Im disappointed with my BA sizes 240cc-silicone and prefer larger breasts. I'm 3 weeks post op and one of my breast is slightly higher then the other. I was told because Im still swollen. Is this a common issue with BA?

What is the time frame to have undergo another procedure?

Your best bet is to wait at least 3 months to allow everything to settle and swelling to resolve, then it will be easier to judge the size of implant to use. 

Implant Exchange

At 3 weeks it is too early to determine your final result.  It is best to wait at least 6 months to determine your result. If at that time you wish a revision it would be appropriate. I would recommend follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Arthur M. Cambeiro, MD

Breast Asymmetry after your surgery

You have some asymmetry but it is very early. This is something you should discuss with your plastic surgeon. It is possible that a revision will be necessary after you heal more. You can discuss this with your surgeon during your routine post-op visits. 

Breast revision

It is too early to perform a revision. You should wait about six months before undergoing a size exchange.  I think you have a good result and would reconsider whether it's worthwhile in your case to have larger implants.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Wait three to four months

After just three weeks, your breasts haven't had time to settle, yet and are most likely affected by swelling. It generally takes about three to four months, therefore please wait until then before assessing your results. At that time, you can then consider whether you'd like to get bigger implants.

Timeframe and Revision of Breast Implants

Thank you for your photo and question. I know it can be disconcerting as your body reacts and heals, but  3 weeks post op is very early to visualize your long term result.  Your tissue is still settling down. Your surgeon can help you with massage or stabilization bands to optimize implant position. It will take 8-12 weeks before your final shape emerges. Trust your pre op choice. You may find that it works well for you. Give yourself time and keep your follow up care at the forefront. Best wishes.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Hello DivasRock-

Breast implants and breasts do settle in the first 2-3 months and it is not uncommon to have some temporary mild asymmetry occurring during this settling process. Your right breast may or may not settle to a more symmetric position over time but it best to do nothing about that and just give it some time, if that was your only concern

As you also want to go bigger and therefore want a second surgery regardless of whether the right implant settles, then I think it might be okay to go ahead and schedule this surgery, but only if your tissues allow it. What I mean buy this, is that you appear to also have had a breast lift (mastopexy) and healing from this procedure may or may not allow the lower pole of your breast to open up more at the present times. And you do need opening up of that pole to allow a bigger implant and hopefully get your nipple to rotate upward more. 

Obviously, there are many consideration to discuss with your plastic surgeon.

Good luck. 

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

How long should you wait for revision breast surgery?

At 3 weeks after surgery, your breasts are still very swollen, and therefore what you are seeing are not the final results of the surgery. I generally recommend patients wait 6 - 12 months for the swelling to go away completely before undergoing a revision surgery. I know it can be difficult, but try to be patient for a few more months and let the swelling go down. Around the 6 month mark, if you are still unhappy then you can look into revision surgery options.

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Revision surgery

Asymmetries early in the healing process are usually due to swelling. I would recommend that you wait 3 months to determine if revision and/or implant exchange is needed. 

Waiting period

I agree you are still swollen and need to wait before you consider a revision.  The boxy appearance of the breasts will likely improve as the implant affects the surrounding skin.