Is this ptosis? If it is, then what are my treatment options? (Photo)

My left eyelid has been slowly drooping and lately I feel that its been at its worst. It always gets worse if my eyes are tired or if I'm outside all day. Its starting to make me feel self conscious now.

Is this ptosis?

Yes. It does appear to be ptosis in one eye (left).There are different causes of ptosis, so I recommend seeing an eye specialist. Oculoplastic surgeons are eye doctors who can both diagnose the cause and perform the surgical repair if you need one.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid ptosis

you could have a mild ptosis but you need a complete physical examination. Consult a board certified plastic surgeon.

Susan Kaweski, MD

See oculoplastic specialist for eyelid ptosis evaluation

It does appear that you have left upper eyelid ptosis. It could be due to different causes. Best to see an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation. Treatment is usually through ptosis surgery. See link and video below.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Yes this is upper eyelid ptosis.

You need an aesthetic oculoplastic assessment.  You may need additional testing depending on your clinical history.  The left upper eyelid is heavier than the right upper eyelid and there is more compensatory eyebrow elevation on that side. Treatment is surgical.  

Ptosis

it does appear that you have ptosis, but you should seek an in person consultation with an Ophthalmologist first. Based on your symptoms, ocular myasthenia gravis cannot be ruled out and treatment for that is medical, not surgical. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Ptosis

Thank you for sharing your problem. You have ptosis (drooping) which can occur for numerous reasons. There are several techniques to correct the ptosis. See an experienced Oculoplastic Surgeon who can guide you with the best approach.  Good luck,