After Vobella injection something ugly happened (Photo)

After Vobella injection in lip lines and lip flesh area I had numbness on the affected side for about 2 hours, next day this breakout began while under lip area looked split and painful. Then the breakout followed, was very painful and lasted about a week and now remains just redness. Just want to make sure this is a one time fluke occurance likely.

After Volbella injection something ugly happened.

Thank you for sharing your question.  Based on your narrative this may have been a viral outbreak and care must be taken with subsequent treatment sessions.  You may wish to take antiviral medication to avoid the possibility of those breakouts from occurring.  Talk to your injector who should be able to give you the best recommendation.

Volbella and Side Effect

Volbella is a fabulous product to inject the lips in a natural way. It appears from your photo that you are either having a vascular occlusion or a herpetic infection.  Please return to your treating physician for examination and keep us posted.  Best, Dr. Green

Volbella outbreak

Looks like you are having viral outbreak. I would recommend contacting your injection provider for an antiviral medication. Prior to your next injection speak with your provider for a prophylactic antiviral medication to prevent this reaction in the future. If you ever consider laser treatments in the future this is a viable route as well.  

Complications after Volbella

I recommend contacting your Dr. about treatment options. This looks like vascular occlusion and/or viral outbreak and should be treated immediately .  Best, Dr. Emer

Blisters and Rash Following Lip Treatments

I am sorry about your experience. It is critical you see the provider who injected you. What you are describing was likely a viral reaction and requires treatment. This also is unlikely to be a one time thing. Anytime you have injections or treatments around the mouth you are at risk for this reaction and should likely be pre-treated with preventative medication. 

Anthony J. Wilson, MD
Portsmouth Physician