I was hit with a cricket ball, one cheek is more concaved than the other. Will Botox fix said cheek?

After trauma, cheek isn't as full, can Botox help?

If the symmetry of the cheek is uneven, fillers, not Botox, is the proper procedure for correction. I would wait until all swelling is resolved, perhaps as much as 6 weeks. At that point, filler can be used safely. If you hadn't gotten evaluated for the trauma, you might want to see a Facial Plastic Surgeon for evaluation which might include a CT scan.

BOTOX

Hi regarding your question your cheek bone has to be evaluated with a CT IMAGING of the maxilla to evaluate the status of  your maxillary bone  post traumatic Then depending on the findings a fat fill or an temporary option of  volumising fillers can be decided .But botox will not help.however do get an expert option of an oro faciomaxillay plastic surgeon and then  go ahead with your procedure.

Hello Travis Isle,

Botox does great helping with wrinkles that develop with muscle activity. You indicated you have a concavity from trauma.  First, it is important to find out if you had a fracture as the best treatment for that concavity may be to repair any breaks.  Second, if the swelling from your original trauma is gone but you still have the new depression and it isn't a fracture (possibly from fat necrosis), then fillers would be a good option.  

I'd recommend you follow up with a facial plastic surgeon to assess the area and try to determine what happened.  once that is done then an appropriate treatment can be determined.  

I hope that helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Fullness with Fillers (Voluma, Radiesse), Sculptra, Implants, fat

Botox doesn't provide fullness. Facial symmetry can be improved with well-placed fillers (Voluma, Radiesse, Perlane, Bellafill): Sculptra, implants or fat. I recommend getting a consultation with a facial contouring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Botox

Botox paralyses muscles to prevent frown, crows feet , etc.   Botox will do zero for you concave issues.   Fillers may help.  Voluma is an excellent Juvederm filler.   See a plastic surgeon for a hands on evaluation and ideas about what to do.  My Best,  Dr Commons

Depressed cheek after trauma

You should have CT scan of facial bones first for evaluation and extent of the trauma. Its good first to get evaluated by a Facial Plastic or Maxillofacial Surgeon and only then, after it is decided that surgical correction would not help, fillers should be considered to fill the gap temporarily. Botox has no role in this situation.

Ram Chandra, MD
Edison Physician

Asymmetric cheeks

Thank you for your question Travis Isle. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. It is difficult to assess without any photographs, but fillers may help. 

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Facial asymmetry

When you were hit with the ball you most likely fractured the bones in your cheek. Once this heals, it is very difficult to reposition the bones into their proper location. I usually recommend a silicone cheek implant in this situation for a permanent solution. Hyaluronic acid fillers have come a long way in recent years, and Voluma or Restylane Lyft would be the best option in this location. If you go with this option you will have to have repeat injections every year.

Implants are easily placed under local anesthesia in the office. There is a small chance of infection, but this is rare. It can also shift into the wrong location if not placed properly, so you should be sure to go to an experienced surgeon who uses implants often.

Sarah Saxon, MD

Sarah Saxon, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox works on the muscles not on loss of tissue.

Botox is a Neuro-modulator, therefore it will not work on your cheek. If you have a depression you will more likely need a filler. Fillers include Restylane,Voluma, Juvederm  and radiesse. These fillers work great for situations just like you.

Carlos Wolf, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Vs Filler

Hi Travis, 

Sorry to hear about your accident. My first suggestion is to rule out any injury to bone. 

Botox is indicated to prevent/minimize lines and wrinkles by paralyzing the muscle. It does not restore fullness. Dermal fillers, such as Restylane, will restore the volume. 

Hope this helps, 

Javad Sajan, MD

Javad Sajan, MD
Seattle Physician