How can remove or reduce the appearance of these scars? (Photo)

I've had recurring staph infections on my legs and they've left about 20-30 of these dark scars. What is the best way remove or at the very least reduce the visibility of them? Thank you.

Options for reducing appearance of scars on legs

From your picture it appears you are suffering from PIH (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation) and would benefit from a personalized consultation.

At our practice we use a combination of methods to treat discolored scars or brown marks such as CO2RE, Sublative Fractional RF and/or microneedling.  Depending on whether you are safe candidate for laser treatments I would recommend also adding Lytera Skin Brightening Cream twice daily as well as abstinence from the sun, tanning beds and self tanning creme.  

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Options to reduce leg scarring with Melarase

Your leg scars can be improved with a combination of Melarase creams and Plato's Scar Serum to help lighten the pigmentation. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Scar on Body -- Fraxel/Microneedling, Sculptra/Fat/Bellafill, Subcision, Pulsed Dye Laser; Medical Tattooing

There are many options with lasers, skin lightening creams, peels, and microneedling. I suggest consulting with a laser expert for further evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Treatment of Discolored Scars

Thank you for your inquiry.  Without more information and an opportunity to examine you in person it is difficult to make a treatment recommendation. The dark areas may represent a condition that would respond to medical treatment alone (as opposed to treatment with lasers or other devices) but this determination could only be made once a full medical history and examination is performed.  Best of luck.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon