Do you think I have pulled my breast muscle? I am 2 weeks post op from breast augmentation.

I am leanded over my bath tub washing my hair ( 5 days after surgery) and all of a sudden i felt an extremely hot pain in my right breast. Ever since then when i sit up, lean over i can feel something moving and it hurts so bad that i actually have to hold onto my breast when i move into diffrent postions. My breast look awesome and I do not have any bruising and they are still in perfect place. Please help :)

Please see your plastic surgeon for an examination and diagnosis.  While it is likely that you simply pulled a muscle or a stitch in need knee examination to be certain.  The fact that her breasts still look excellent and symmetrical is a good sign.  However do not rely on Internet advice.

Thank you for your question.  I am sorry to hear of your breast muscle pain.  If there has not been an appreciable change in the appearance of your breasts all is likely well and your pain is likely the result of nerve irritation.  After an augmentation the nerves of the skin are stretched as a result of swelling and the increased volume of the implants. This stretching irritates the nerves which can cause a number of different nipple and breast skin sensations including increased/decreased sensitivity or a burning/electrical feeling. These normally resolve spontaneously given enough time. Hang in there and be sure to mention these issues to your surgeon during your post-operative appointments.

Pain after breast augmentation

With the quality of pain that you describe in the timing of it shortly after surgery, my opinion would be that this pain is more likely related to nerve irritation than a tear of the pectoralis muscle. If there's no undue swelling and no bruising visible, I would doubt that a significant care has occurred. The moving of the implant is relatively common in that some fluid and air can still be in the pocket and can be felt in different positions. As this fluid and air are resorbed over the first week or so, this sensation will go away. I would mention this to your plastic surgeon and get their opinion as well. Congratulations on your surgery and good luck with an uneventful recovery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS