I am supposed to have MiXto soon. I had a test patch done but I have severe dark spots and discoloration (Photo)

will healing be longer and burn be worse with more intense treatment and will healing take longer.i have not seen anyone online with the damage I have most want tightening and lines removed I want all the dark spots and discoloration gone so I can go without make up

Dark spots and MIXTO laser

MIXTO laser is effective to help break up pigment within the skin but it is important for patients with significant pigment issues to be on a strong program of anti-pigment products before, during and after treatment.  You should expect your pigment issues to be improved but likely not eliminated. We recently reported (publication in process) on successful MIXTO treatment of a patient with an inherited condition called ichthyosis with similar pigmentation issues to yours. 

Nashville Ophthalmologist

Mixto laser

Dear patient, if I understand you correctly the round dark spots you are showing in the photos appeared after test spots from Mixto laser.
Mixto fractional laser is safer than traditional Co2 laser for people with darker skin complexion. What you have is moderate to severe post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation (PIH). The good news is that it will eventually go away. I have performed thousands of Mixto Co2 laser treatments for the past 7 years and never seen this reaction not go away.
I routinely prep my patients with sensitive skin before laser treatment with Bleaching cream and Retin A.
Your dermatologist should be able to give you Retin A, Bleaching cream and maybe even light Glycolic peels and Kojic acid to remove the discoloration.
I would suggest refraining from Co2 laser. Look into TCA peels as an alternative option.
Yours,
Dr David R.

.

A. David Rahimi, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist