The day after. I'm afraid this result isn't going to be anywhere close to what I wanted? (Photos)

I had aqualipo done yesterday on my upper and lower abdomen and my bro roll. I have a bad "kangaroo pouch" from having had twins 17 years ago. This is the primary reason I wanted this procedure done. It doesn't look to be any better whatsoever and I am really really disappointed at this point. Please tell me this is going to get better even if it doesn't completely go away?

The day after. I'm afraid this result isn't going to be anywhere close to what I wanted?

It will take two to three months to see your final result, but from your pictures, I believe that you would have gotten a better result with a tummy tuck procedure rather than liposuction. Loose overhanging skin rolls are never improved with just liposuction.

I would recommend that you let your body heal for 2 to 3 months then seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to get an accurate assessment of your best options to improve your tummy.

The day after surgery is not the time to judge the results. It takes at least 3 months. However, based on your pictures

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

You will have more improvement with time as it takes a good 6-8 weeks to really appreciate the results of liposuction. From looking at your photos, I recommend a full tummy tuck. Excess skin is not corrected with liposuction. If anything liposuction will make it worse. 

Liposuction - will I see results?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Without a before photo to compare, one can only advise you in general terms.
  • Since the tummy changes came from having twins, you almost certainly needed a tummy tuck.
  • Removing the fat will make the skin looser and will not correct the underlying problem.
  • Am I correct in suspecting that the person who did your liposuction is not a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon?
  • You truly need to see one if in 3-6 months, you are unhappy with the liposuction result.
  • Until then, it is best to leave things alone to heal.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

#lipo

you are a patient for tummy tuck. not liposuction. not sure if this was your preferred choice?

anyhow, its too early to say anything as you are still swollen. if you're unhappy you have to go back to your doctor and address your concerns at greater lengths

Misbah Khan MD, FAAD, FACMS

Results after your liposuction

It is only 1 day after your procedure so it is way too early to judge results - final results can take several months to a year. Regardless, there is no way that your pouch will go away with only liposuction. You appear to have been a better candidate for a formal tummy tuck since you have excess skin. Hopefully your surgeon recommended a tummy tuck but you selected to have a less invasive liposuction procedure. If your surgeon gave you the impression that liposuction is the best option for you, then I am willing to bet that he/she was not a board certified plastic surgeon!

Loose skin after liposuction

There seems to be an important amount of loose skin + possibly weak muscles. 

This is only solved by a mini( lower ) tummy tuck, or a full tummy tuck (upper and lower ) .

Liposuction is only treating the subcutaneous fat layer , and not the visceral fat. Liposuction may cause deflation of the skin, just like weight loss may do.

Therefore the right treatment is : 

- loose weight 

- start working out and strengthen your muscles

- tummy tuck  , possibly with muscle repair

Bert Oelbrandt, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin

Loose skin is not treated by liposuction. You will need a tummy tuck to remove the excess skin. Best of luck.

The day after. I'm afraid this result isnt' going to be anywhere close to what I wanted

Thank you for sharing your questions and photographs.  Without having been present for your initial consultation it is difficult to offer definite advice as to whether your liposuction results will be what you anticipated.  If your kangaroo pouch was your major area of concern this would have best been treated with a formal tummy tuck and not liposuction, as liposuction may result in greater skin sagging.  Voice your concerns to your liposuction surgeon for reassurance.

Day After Liposuction

Rest assured you can not judge any liposuction the day after your procedure. It can take up to 6 months to see full results. Follow your Plastic Surgeon's advice and where your compression etc. and then judge results then. Best of Luck.

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon