Will slightly touching nose 2 days post op cause any damage?

Alright, I am probably the worst patient a doctor could have, but I cant keep my hands from my splint since the second day after my hump removal/ size reduction just to make sure its straight and that I still have feeling in my nose. I dont push it hard enough to cause any pain but do slightly nudge from side to side on the bottom part of the splint... Could I have caused any possible damage?

Touching nose after rhinoplasty

Relax. It is very unlikely you've done any damage but obviously it would be best if you stopped touching your nose. Enjoy your recovery and try not to obsess. Happy healing!

Washington DC Otolaryngologist

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Every surgeon manages their patients differently after surgery. I would strongly suggest you leave your splint in place until you have seen your surgeon. You may do damage to your rhinoplasty that may require revision to correct. Best WishesTheodore T. Nyame MD 

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Post-op Nose Damage

The splint placed over the nose following rhinoplasty serves to protect your nose from trauma or injury during the first week after surgery.  It is quite unlikely that any gently manipulation of your splint caused any significant injury.  Once the splint is removed you do want to be careful to avoid getting your nose hit or bumped for at least the first month following surgery.  This is particularly important if you had osteotomies, or fractures of the nasal bones, to straighten your nose.

Jill Hessler, MD
Palo Alto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Early post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only two days after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD