What's the best option to contour the face? (Photo)

Hi, I have loss of face volume, dislike how my smile stops half way (pointing w/pencil) I'm obsessed with sculptra results. Haven't seen anything like it. But horrified with the sad stories of lumps. Don't like the inconsistency of fat graft. What exactly determines wether lumps develop or not? Are these lumps still acurring today? How can I avoid them for sure? Has anything changed after latest application technique? Looked into ellanse, not that impressed. Thank you for your answers.

Ensuring Sculptra Success

I would say the quality that most often defines success with Sculptra or any other filler would be the surgeon. I suggest you consult a board certified facial plastic surgeon to receive the highest quality knowledge, treatment, care and skill available. A consultation provides you the opportunity to relay your concerns and desired outcome to the surgeon while the surgeon can assess your health profile and discuss his/her pertinent advice. I am also including a video that demonstrates the steps you can take to assist you in avoiding skin problems down the road.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

OWhat's the best option to contour the face? = depends on product and surgeon #fb #sculptra #reshaping #drmesa

Volume loss is one of the early signs of aging. There are multiple techniques to restore the facial volume. There is no best option since the definition of "best" depends on the patient's physical findings, desire of downtime, properties of the product (if used) and skills of the surgeon. . For example: facial implants could be the "best" option for a house wive while it could be the worst option for a TV reporter ( that can't afford time off from the camera) and Viscecersa: Fillers could be too costly for a house wife while could be the best solution for the TV reporter.

Patients interested in determining the "best"  facia volume restoration technique that fits her his needs should discuss their options with a board certified plastic surgeon specialized in cosmetic plastic surgery procedures of the face

John Mesa, MD

Sculptra outcomes - experience matters

Thank you for your question. I definitely understand your concern about experience with Sculptra.  It is a very nuanced injectable filler and experience definitely makes a big difference as to the final outcome and results. I am a trainer for Sculptra, as well as the other injectable agents, and know firsthand that there is a wide variety of experience out there even among plastic surgeons and dermatologists.  I suggest you go to a board-certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist who has a high volume of injectable fillers, and who does a high volume of sculptra in their practice.

Sculptra for the face

I would recommend that you opt for a conservative dose of Sculptra Aesthetic which has less propensity to cause lumps compared to more concentrated doses. Our office continues to see very positive results with this approach. 

DR. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Volume Loss and Sculptra

Volume loss can be replaced with Sculptra.  Sculptra has fabulous results and I would not  be scared of lumps.  It is a great product and used by all of the celebrities.  If you want something less permanent, you can have Voluma injected.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise in facial cosmetic injections.  Best, Dr. Green