Breast argumentation, breasts look wide apart. Any suggestions? (photos)

I just had a boob surgery on Friday, today I am 3 days post op and I know its way to early to tell but my breast, I feel them being too wide apart...will this eventually change when they get softer or stay like that?

Breast width appearance

It is not uncommon for the implants to seem a bit wide at first. Massage and time will help.It is important for the implant to be centered beneath the nipple which it appears it is. Anatomy also plays a role in that it is difficult if not impossible to achieve breasts that have significant resting cleavage if the chest muscle attaches far apart in the center. Elevating the muscle too much at the time of surgery risks synmastia. Give yourself time for healing and massage before evaluating critically.

Hope this helps.

Dr. J

Breast augmentation results

Congratulations on your recent surgery.  As you would be hearing from all the surgeons, it way to too early to determine your final result.  It takes many months for the implants to soften and settle before you get an idea of your final result.  Be patient.   You appear to have a very good early result. That said, one of the limitations of breast augmentation is that the implants need to be centered behind your nipples to achieve a balanced, natural result.  If your implants were placed close together to give you a tighter cleavage, your nipples would sit on the side of your implants.  If you have concerns, discuss with your surgeon.

Give them time!

From your pictures it appears as though your implants are under the muscle.  3 days is far too early to assess the final outcome from your breast augmentation.  It will take several months for the muscles to settle and allow final positioning of your implants.  They look normal for 3 days postop.

Try and relax.  Wait and see what they look like in a few months.

Best of luck to you!

G. Robert Meger MD

G. Robert Meger, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast argumentation, breasts look wide apart. Any suggestions?

As you mentioned yourself you are way to early in the healing process to see your final results. Your breasts will continue to change over the next few weeks to months. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Too early to assess

Take a deep breath and relax!  As I am sure you have heard from other surgeons in this forum, it is FAR too early to evaluate your outcome.  It takes at least 3 months for all the swelling to completely resolve and your implants to settle into place.  Only then can you faithfully assess size, shape, and symmetry.  Keep in mind that the properly placed implant is centered behind your nipple.  If your breasts were somewhat wide apart preoperatively, some degree of a gap will persist postoperatively.  Without preoperative photos, it is impossible to say what your natural anatomy dictated but based on your photos you appear to be doing well so far.  Good luck!

BAM post-op

From looking at your photos and for you only being 3 days post-op, I do not see any abnormal results. It can take up to 3 months for your implants to settle, and right now it is way too early to tell. It will take weeks for them to soften and shape, but they will not stay this far apart. 

R. Scott Yarish, MD

Wide apart breasts after breast augmentation

Congratulations on your surgery. You look fabulous, minimal bruising and good volume. Part of our goal as plastic surgeons is to demonstrate to you preoperatively some limitations your breasts may have; specifically nipple position. We will place implants centered under the nipple regardless of where the nipple is located. At times we have to move the nipple to have a more aesthetic outcome.  Preoperatively your nipples may have been farther apart and hence so will the implants. However, it is too early to say what the final outcome will be and the beasts will indeed soften. I wish you well

Too early to make a judgment about the results of a breast augmentation.

From the photograph I see no problems. Because of swelling the final result of the breast will be substantially obscured. For now remain patient and anticipate a favorable change in shape of the breasts over the ensuing weeks.

Breast width appearance

it is way to early to judge. secondly. preop pictures would  help. your anatomy may not allow the implants to be placed any closer.  lastly, where is  munich Delaware or do I have the wrong abbreviation

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Widened breasts

Congratulations katharinnaxo on your augmentation! Everyone recovers differently and it really depends on what kind of augmentation you had and if the same thing was done on both sides.You are still really early in the recovery period. If the breast looks different and feels different, it is important to maintain follow up with your doctor and have your concerns addressed in person as well. Some of the wide space you see could be because you might have a widened breast bone or sternum.  Best of luck, MMT