2 weeks past op and still have a high bridge with no curve? (Photo)

I had a nump removal and tip reduction done 2 weeks ago and it seems that there is no feminine shape whatsoever in my nose. The nose bridge doesn't have the cute "curve" in it that I really wanted. Is this because of the swelling or is it unlikely that its going to appear even after some time? Im feeling really depressed as I have such a masculine looking nose now...

Straight profile

At 2 weeks there is likely some swelling present throughout the nose. If you wanted a curved profile, I would address this with your rhinoplasty surgeon to see if he thinks that this is still a possibility during the healing process. 

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Early thinoplasty

It is common to obsess over your new rhinoplasty. I'm sure your plastic surgeon told you that the result will take weeks to months to see the final result. It's hard to do, but you need to relax. The soft tissue holds water like a sponge for a long time. 90% of your result should be evident at 6-8 weeks. The final result will appear at 6 months.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

2 weeks post rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question.  It is not uncommon to have swelling and possibly some asymmetries early in the post rhinoplasty recovery phase.  It is usually six months before you will see the end results.  Even thought it is difficult, it is important to be patient during the early healing phase. 

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

May be too early to tell

Thanks for your question and photos. It is certainly too early to form strong opinions about the cosmetic outcome of your surgery. Although the shape of the bridge can lose the swelling earlier than the tip, 2 weeks is just too soon to tell. Give it some time and follow up with your surgeon as they know how much they lowerer the bridge etc. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon