What can I do pre-op to help the healing process? Is there more pain associated with women who have not physically given birth?

I am 4 weeks pre-op for a periareolar breast augmentation and mastopexy. I am a instructor for Body Pump and Zumba. 41 year old, 5'2", Planning on 300-325 CC's. Work in management for automotive and fitness instructor 5/days a week. Should I stop lifting weights/building muscle before the surgery? I have never delivered any children. Both of my children are adopted. Small A Cup (road cones)

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Pre op instructions

I feel the fact of no previous childbirth does not factor into the instructions since we do breasts augs on women before kids all the time. If your implants are going to be placed over the muscle then I would not restrict you pre op and would let you back to normal activities earlier post op. If your implants will be below the muscle then it will definitely take longer before you could restart all exercise post op due to muscle soreness. I would not restrict you pre op,  but you need to direct that question to your surgeon. Good luck.