Will laser resurfacing help this disappear? (Photo)

Each one is the size of a quarter or bigger. Hidradenitis suppurative Hurley stage 3. I'm also a diabetic that has had MRSA. I have these scars under my breasts, my armpits and inside my thighs

Laser scar treatment

I think you can try laser scar treatment, but take into account the following factors:
  • You have diabetes, that’s why you will need to do all necessary tests and get a specialist advice on feasibility of laser treatments.
  • The scar on the photo is deep indeed. But you have other scars that are less deep.
  • Scar treatment is always a time consuming process. If you’re prepared to undergo a course of laser procedures, there is a certain probability of achieving positive results.
  • I recommend consulting with a plastic surgeon to discuss the possibility of a combined treatment – laser and surgical therapy.
  • In addition, I recommend you to draw your attention to a laser technology called RecoSMA, which has an effect up to 6 mm in depth in comparison with existing fractional and ablative lasers. This technology provides reorganization of fibrous tissue. At present this method is widely used in Europe, and is in process of obtaining FDA approval in the USA.

Russia Dermatologist

Hidradenitis and Scars

This needs to be treated with surgical excision, lasers are rarely effective here because of the deep scarring unless done after the excision. Best, Dr. Emer.

No, surgery over laser

You have HS this a disorder of the apocrine glands that lie deep in the skin. Laser is not suited for this, you will benefit from a team approach including plastics for surgical intervention. Lasers have no role in the management of HS. All the bestDr Davin LimLaser dermatologistBrisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Hidradenitis scars

Unfortunately, lasers I doubt can help these scars to any significant degree. Good luck.  .............

Leg scars

These scars are pretty depressed which makes the lasers not as effective.  You could try a non-ablative laser which may tighten the skin a little and create some new collagen.  Best thing would be to actually excise the scar and then laser post excision as needed.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Management of scars

You appear to have spread atrophic scars.  If your primary concern is the inversion and contour I think that laser treatment will help minimally.  Lasers work best at lightening and softening firm and pigmented scars..this doesn't appear to be whats going on.
No harm in trying if you want to avoid surgical revision..I would choose one site to work on and see how you respond..if its to your liking than you have your answer. 
Good luck

Laser Resurfacing

I would suggest starting out with a non-ablative fractional resurfacing and see how this helps.  The scarring from hidradenitis is very deep, and unfortunately I am not sure that there is currently a great way to reverse this.  You definitely want to get the hidradenitits under control so this doesn't get worse.  Make a plan with your board-certified dermatologist for best results.

M. David Cole, MD, FAAD
Newport Beach Dermatologist