Will laser resurfacing help this disappear? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 7
Laser scar treatment
- You have diabetes, that’s why you will need to do all necessary tests and get a specialist advice on feasibility of laser treatments.
- The scar on the photo is deep indeed. But you have other scars that are less deep.
- Scar treatment is always a time consuming process. If you’re prepared to undergo a course of laser procedures, there is a certain probability of achieving positive results.
- I recommend consulting with a plastic surgeon to discuss the possibility of a combined treatment – laser and surgical therapy.
- In addition, I recommend you to draw your attention to a laser technology called RecoSMA, which has an effect up to 6 mm in depth in comparison with existing fractional and ablative lasers. This technology provides reorganization of fibrous tissue. At present this method is widely used in Europe, and is in process of obtaining FDA approval in the USA.
Hidradenitis and Scars
No, surgery over laser
You might also like...
Management of scars
No harm in trying if you want to avoid surgical revision..I would choose one site to work on and see how you respond..if its to your liking than you have your answer.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.