Is there any benefit to getting Cool Sculpting/Cryolipolysis repeated after only 2.5 to three weeks? Urgent help please

Will it help at all? I have a deal that is expiring which would make it so that I would have to get it done in this time frame, almost 3 weeks after first treatment. Would it cause any harm or would it be of benefit? The offer won't be valid after three weeks

When to Retreat

Zeltiq recommends bringing the patient back after thirty days for a follow-up medical assessment to review results, re-assess and determine if additional treatments are needed. There has not been any scientific evidence showing benefit to getting CoolSculpting repeated earlier than the thirty days time frame.

Choose the Course of Treatment That's Right for Your Body

It's so important to choose the course of treatment that will be best for your body, your health and your safety instead of what's best for your wallet. Zeltiq, the company behind CoolSculpting, recommends waiting at least a month between treatments. They've performed numerous clinical studies and a lot of research in order to come to this conclusion. Waiting a sufficient amount of time between treatments will also give your doctor a better idea of the outcome of the first treatment so that you can achieve the best results possible. Talk to your doctor about your options carefully.

Time between CoolSculpting treatments

Repeating CoolSculpting after only 3 weeks is unlikely to be harmful. I prefer to wait for 1-2 months in between treatments, because I feel this provides time to see optimal results and better judge the improvement achieved. The company itself recommends approximately 1 month before repeating a treatment to maximize results. I hope that helps.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Is there any benefit to getting Cool Sculpting/Cryolipolysis repeated after only 2.5 to three weeks?

Zeltiq recommends that people wait 4-6 weeks between treatments because most patients want to see the result of one treatment before deciding if they need to treat again. There is no harm in treating at a two and-a-half week time frame; it would enable you to see a more dramatic result in a shorter period of time. Always consult with your CoolSculpting technician for the best assessment of your particular situation; every patient has different needs and expectations.

Frank J. Baron, MD
Mercer Island Dermatologist

Coolsculpting and Interval Between Treatments

Coolsculpting is a fabulous procedure to reduce a fat bulge. Often patients come back in for a second treatment in a given area. The current recommendation is to wait a month in between treatments. I usually prefer to wait two months to assess some of the benefits of the procedure. For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with coolsculpting. 

Risk of performing coolsculpting within 2.5 to 3 weeks post op.

The clinical studies for coolsculpting is based on a 4 week interval between the original treatment and second treatment on a given area. We have found 6 weeks to be optimal for our patients. Other areas can be treated within that time period. Consult with the treating physician to understand his or her protocols.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Repeat treatments

coolsculpting selectiveky freezes fat cells to induce programmed cell death. Zeltiq, the manufacturer, recommends waiting a month between treatments of the same area. This is based on clinical studied.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Timing of repeat CoolSculpting treatments

There would not be any harm in having a second CoolSculpting treatment done 2.5-3 weeks after the first.  I normally prefer to wait at least 1-2 months after a treatment before performing a second treatment just so I can evaluate the area better to determine if a second treatment is needed or not.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Timing of a second treatment with Coolsculpting is ok at anytime

In fact, there is some benefit noted in patients who get a second cycle right after the first one,  in the same sitting. There are no adverse affects to worry about. The exact timing to get maximum benefit is not exactly known. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD