Scabs falling off with hair. Did I lose my grafts? (Photo)

Hey ..i had a hair transplant on 9 november ..Now its 20th days post i just rubbed implanted area to remove scabs during shampooing but i saw all scabs fallen with hair and no blood bleeding. Want to know.. did i lose my grafts ? Or It will be regrow ? Plz make it clear because i m very worry about it

Shedding with Scabs

This is normal. Transplanted hair should generally fall out between a week and a month after the transplant surgery. You shouldn't have anything to be concerned about, and within several months you should start to see them beginning to grow back.

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

20 days crusts coming off

Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

What you may be seeing are scabs. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor and follow up with your doctor.

What you may be seeing are scabs.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor and follow up with your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Losing grafts?

By now the grafts are well incorporated into the scalp.What you are seeing is some dried up tissue from around the grafts and old shafts of hair.Don't worry,you should be fine,

.

David Deutsch, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon