Pain after crown and root canal

I had root canal and after that my dentist put a cap on my tooth. After one of putting the cap I feel pain when u chew some food but it doesn't pain when I chew soft food. Is it normal ?? It's been 1 day only. Should I wait for some day or what should I do ?

Pain after #crown and root canal #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
It's not uncommon to experience some discomfort after a root canal and crown.  The pain that you are experiencing suggests that you need a bite adjustment. This is not uncommon and would only take 10-15 minutes in the dental chair. Contact your dentist about this, and be sure to tell him/her about the symptoms that you have been experiencing. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Pain after Crown and Root Canal Treatment

Thank you for posting your question.  You question can help others with similar issues.  If you are having pain after having a root canal and having a crown placed then your bite may be high.  A simple bite adjustment may be enough.  However, if your bite alignment has been off from before having the crown placed then it could be more involved.  If a simple adjustment doesn't work then consider seeing a dentist who has had training with occlusion. It focuses on how the teeth come together and it's affect on the jaw joint and jaw muscles. When the joint, teeth, and muscles in between are in harmony then there are no problems. However, when they are not in harmony then you can have pain in the teeth, joint, or muscles.  Another aspect to this is to check if you clench or grind your teeth.  If you find yourself keeping the teeth together during the day then you can place your tongue to the roof of your mouth and that will automatically help you keep you teeth apart.  Hope that helps! Good Luck!

Supriya Verma, DMD, FAGD
New York Dentist

Bite adjustment

It's normal to have a little discomfort, but what you're describing sounds like you need a bite adjustment.

Sincerely,
Dr. Reiser