Can I use Minoxidil after a hair transplant?

Can I use monaxidil after transplanted hair, or apply only scalp where thinner area

Thank you for your question. Thank you for your question. Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated, To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Use of Minoxidil

Prior to hair transplant, physicians frequently place patients on therapies to help slow existing hair loss including minoxidil. In the peri-procedural period, use of minoxidil may cause scalp irritation which can lead to itching and possibly graft injury. Discuss with your surgeon their protocol for use of these medications around the time of hair transplant. Generally, following a healed hair transplant, the continued use of these therapies is not contraindicated.

Jeffrey Rawnsley, MD

Minoxidil

Minoxidil should not be used for 2 weeks after a hair transplant in the recipient area. This drug has no value for a well done hair transplant

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.   Minoxidil is not required in general.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Use Minoxidil after a hair transplant

You can use minoxidil for both transplanted regrowing hair and  thinning native hair. I recommend you to start using it 3 weeks after surgery and go on for 6 months ...

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Minoxidil use after a hair transplant?

mukund22,Absolutely, minoxidil can be used in patients with pattern hair loss to treat thinning hair and to slow or stop progression of the pattern loss. 
Bernardino Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon