18 days post-op, wore a loose cap and found hairs that look like grafts, am I loosing my grafts? (photos)

18 days before ive gone through an operation, after wearing a loose cap i found some hairs in my cap.and its also look like a graft..am i loosing my graft?plz do suggest me should i wear a cap or not.

You may be shedding the transplanted hairs or scabs. It may also be actual grafts that did not take.

You may be shedding the transplanted hairs or scabs.  It may also be actual grafts that did not take.  It would be difficult to tell with photos alone.  You should follow up with your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

18 days post op

at this point in time you will be losing the hair transplant shafts, which is normal. typically they are all shed by the time the new transplant starts to grow in at 3-4 months. at this point it is up to you to wear a cap or not. it will not affect your final result.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Loosing the grafts

Transplanted graft’s hair shafts usually starts to shedding in the first week of surgery and may go on untill 4-6 th weeks after surgery. İt is not surprising to lost approx. %70-80 of all transplanted hair shafts in first month when you are washing, gently rubbing  or touching the head.New hair at transplant/recipient area starts to grow at 3-4 th month after surgery .

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Shedding at 18 days

Shedding usually starts at about 1 weeks, can be 2-3 weeks and some or all of he grafts will shed and then return at 4-6 months. At 40 days, I would not expect any significant growth. You must wait it out for at least 5-6 months to see the growth start and 8 months for 80% of the growth to show up

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon