Gynecomastia post op 2 months. Is this normal?

I had gyno surgery about 2 months ago, i had quite swollen body and now it's turning good. One thing i have noticed is my right chest looks bigger and more pointed than the left one. And some days ago, one of my friends accidentally hit me in the chest, it wasn't a strong hit but my areola hurts when i touch it. I feel more hard tissue under right nipple than the left one. Is there anyone wrong in the above things i mentioned? Because when i stretch my arms up, i feel sort of pull in my torso.

Healing After Gynecomastia Surgery

Hi Blackninja999,
Thanks for the post. At 2 months you are still healing and the issues you are describing are relatively normal. Final results are between 6 and 12 months. If it continues to be a concern, I recommend you contact your plastic surgeon.

Sincerely,
Dr. Dadvand 

Gynecomastia at two months

A two months, you are still healing and may be sensitive to minor trauma.  It will take several more months to fully heal.

Gynecomastia 2 months following surgery

There can be residual swelling, delayed infection, fat necrosis at even two months following surgery. You need a physical examination to provide you definitive recommendations.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Swelling Concern 2 Months After Gynecomastia Surgery

A collection of fluid under the skin occurs occasionally during the postoperative period. Aspiration of the fluid with a needle is frequently helpful. Secondary surgery is rarely necessary.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin.

If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

2 Months Following Surgery

It is difficult to determine as swelling may last several months.

I'd recommend booking a follow-up appointment with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Take care.