How soon after a c section can I have a Tummy Tuck?

Have one child and pregnant with second one. Have an existing diastisis rectii from the first birth. Anticipating it would get worse.Am in the glamour industry and need to get back to work ASAP obviously with a perfect stomach. Is a tuck possible during the c section itself?

Answers may vary from surgeon to surgeon but I would recommend you to wait 6-8 months after the C-section. 

The best thing to do is to achieve your baseline weight prior to a tummy tuck. After having children, it may take 6 months to 1 year to lose the pregnancy weight (of course, each patient is different). It will also likely be in your best interests to have your child a little older,  and more self-sufficient, prior to proceeding. 
Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.
Since you considering undergoing a major operation which again involves a significant physical AND emotional recovery ( often underestimated by surgeons and patients alike), a few words of advice may be helpful:
1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself) and that you have realistic expectations. Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life situation. You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven. 2. Time your surgery carefully; generally, it is not a good idea to have surgery done during or immediately after a stressful period in life (for example divorce or death of a loved one). The additional stress of surgery will undoubtedly be more challenging to deal with if a patient's emotional reserves our already exhausted. Remember, that an improvement in your physical appearance will not translate to an improvement in your life situation. 3. If possible speak to patients who have undergone similar procedures and query them about the toughest times of their recovery period. Any practical hints previous patients can provide may be very helpful. 4. Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise how to reach your surgeon if necessary. 5. Make sure you have a strong and patient support system (several people if possible) in place who have time/patience to take care of you. Arrange for professional nursing if any doubt exists regarding the availability and/or stamina of your caretakers. 6. Be patient with the healing process, understanding that it will take several weeks to months to feel “normal” again. It may also take many months/year to see the end results of your surgery. 7. Be prepared to distract your mind with things of interest such as books, magazines, and movies. 8. Expect less of yourself; do not go back to work, school or chores too early and let others take care of you (for a change). 9. Pick your surgeon carefully (a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon) and trust in his/her advice. Keep in close communication with your surgeon and do not hesitate to communicate questions/concerns and the emotional swings that you may experience. 10. Resume all medications that you were using preoperatively when cleared by your plastic surgeon and stop the use of narcotics and sedatives as soon as feasible after surgery. 11. Keep in mind the end results as you go through possible tougher emotional times after your surgery. I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Can I have tummy tuck with C section.

Assuming this pregnancy is your last, you can have a tummy tuck but not at the time of the C-section.
You need the swelling and changes from pregnancy to subside first. Allow a minimum of 3 months depending on your size, fitness and recovery - but 6 months is better.

Tummy tuck after c section

While it is technically possible to do both procedures at the same time, this is rarely performed as your uterus size is still significantly larger immediately after delivering the baby. Recommended wait time is three months after the C-section. I have in the past operated on a patient also in the entertainment industry with minimal weight gain during pregnancy and actually had a great result after her tummy tuck immediately following her C-section. This was mainly due to the fact that she was quite thin and had significant loose skin.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck after c-section

It is typically recommended that you wait at least 6 months after a c-section before undergoing any type of cosmetic surgery on the body.  Six months should be sufficient time for the c-section scars/wounds to heal and for your body to return to its pre-baby size and weight.  You will end up with a better cosmetic result with a lower risk of complications by waiting.

Combined C/section and tummy tuck

Although technically possible, I don't recommend it.

1)  Much higher risk of complications, like DVT and wound infection, when these are combined.
2)  If you have a complication, it could interfere with "bonding" with your new baby.
3)  Pregnancy hormones make your abdominal wall more relaxed - and it's more difficult to get a good result.

It's safer to wait 6 months before doing the tummy tuck.