Multiple Surgeries at Once... is It Safe? (photo)

I am 28. I am healthy. Don't do drugs. I am a single mom, had a csection. My fam middle eastern descend so, I have never liked my nose. I am over weight, currently doing p90x which helps but probably will still need lipo but am trying to avoid it. My boobs sag a little now so I need boob surgery. I would like my eyebrows, stronger jawline mine is pretty weak. Angi jolies jaw is beautiful but it would not fit me. A buttlift too... would it be safe to do all those at once? I am 4"11 . Thanks.

Multiple procedures

P90X rocks! Tony Horton is the man!  As for your multiple procedure requests, you probably could do some but not all at the same time. Best to be seen in person to be properly evaluate.  As Tony says, " Do your best and forget the rest!"

Multiple surgical procedures

The key to multiple surgeries is to look at each procedure as being one more thing the body needs to recover from

If you add more and more then you may overwhelm the bodies ability to heal and lead to a slower recovery and possible complications.  Remenber it is all surgery and needs time and yuor bodies effort and reserve to heal and recover.

Your surgeon should be able to guide to as to the best combination of procedures without risk - as yuor surgeon will use his experience to ensure yuo get the best result possible

Jeremy Hunt     

Multiple procedures- mommy makeover

I think it really depends on the types of procedures, the length of time of the combined procedures, and the "cleanliness" of the procedures.  For example, some single procedures may be very extensive with a long recovery, so doing multiple procedures may not be a good idea.  It is important to think about the length of the procedure.  In other words, it is probably safer to do less than 6 hrs of surgery than to do 12 hrs of multiple surgeries.  Since longer surgeries have more blood loss and potential complications.  Finally the "cleanliness" of the combination surgeries should be considered.  One may not want to have a rhinoplasty (less clean nasal surgery) with the placement of an breast implant for augmentation, since it is possible that it would increase infection risk.  But every surgeon approaches this differently and I am very conservative in my approach because safety is paramount in my patient care.

Multiple Surgical Procedures At Once

Thank you for your question.  Plastic surgeons often perform multiple procedures at one time as it allows for one recovery period.  However, there are some limitations.  You should consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon in person so he or she can examine you in person. Best wishes, Brian Joseph MD, FACS 

Brian Joseph, MD

Multiple Surgeries at Once... is It Safe

This inventory sounds like more than a day's work. I like to keep to 4 hours, many will suggest 6 hours. Much would depend upon how many of the items on your list are simple vs. complex. For example, if a simple breast enlargement will fill out your excess tissue, that might add 30-45 minutes to the other procedures. If a full lift and augmentation is needed, it could be 2 hours. 

If you are losing weight it would make sense to hold off on the body items (breasts, butt, lipo)  and reassess when you have reached your goal weight. On the other hand, anything you might wish to do on your face (nose, brows, chin, etc) could be done anytime as weight change is not likely to change what might be done on your face. 

This is a good time to begin the consultation process. You may find that you prefer different surgeons for face and body procedures, and staging the procedures will make that work well. 

All the best. 

Safety of Multiple Operations

Hi Hirabi

Doing a few operations at once is a reasonable idea, but your request list is greater than I would allow in a sitting. Consider breaking it up by priority, or by body segment. Patients cope well with having their body and breasts operated on at the same time, but as soon as you add in that nose job (rhinoplasty) the amount of discomfort that you are in starts to increase dramatically.

Good Luck

Dr Gavin Sandercoe

Multiple surgeries

I would not recommend doing them all at the same time.I would make my priority list and then meet with your plastic surgeon to plan the best path for you.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Sounds like too much

This sounds like a large number of procedures to have all at once.  I would discuss this with your surgeon and consider getting multiple consultations.  Young and healthy people can tolerate more but the more than have you have done increases risks and complication rates.  

Multiple Surgeries and Safety

In general it is possible to perform multiple procedures on a patient during a single surgery.  However, there are also multiple factors that are important to consider before making the final plan - could be overall health of the patient, length of surgery, combination of surgical sites being considered, experience of the surgeon, outpatient vs inpatient, etc.  Now that you have thought long and hard about what you would like done, the next step is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that can accommodate your surgical desires/needs.  Glad to help.. @drryanstanton

Ryan Stanton, MD

Desire to have multiple surgical operations performed.

The proper answer to give you is No!  It may be possible to choose two or so of the operations that you desire to do together, but surgery always has risks associated with it, and the possible risks expand greatly when the overall time for surgery exceeds 6 hours( as an outpatient).  You could be hospitalized and accomplish more surgery, but this may defeat your desire to be an outpatient and to be able to go home after the surgery if this is your intention.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tamp Plastic Surgeon