I Am a Mtf Transgendered Person Looking for a Doctor in New England, I Live in NH

I am looking to have breast augmentation and searching for a qualified local surgeon who is experienced with male to female transgender breast augmentation

Doctor Answers 3

Transgender Breast Augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I am not in your area but have experience with breast augmentation for transgender patients... I would, if I were you, research surgeon's who have experience and who can show you results. This procedure is a bit different than a standard breast augmentation surgery so do your research.

You might need to travel to get the best result

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
With this operation in particular, it is often necessary to travel to find the surgeon that has the proper experience and system which can support you throughout the process.    Simply finding someone nearby that can do surgery can often lead to disappointing results.  Look at the surgeon's photographs to see if they have specific experience in surgery for transgender patients.  It is your body, you need to make the best choice.

Sexual reassignment surgery must protect you

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You do not say what stage of sexual reassignment you are at--whether psychological evaluation and hormone replacement have begun, and so on.

I follow the WPATH Standards of Care because I believe that they help ensure that patients proceed carefully.

In Nashua there are three plastic surgeons qualified to do beast augmentation, and there are many more in New Hampshire.  Good luck.

Mark B. Constantian, MD, FACS
Nashua Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.