I plan on having lipo soon. I also want to do the beach body 21 day reset. Any suggestions as to which order?

Should I lose weight first then do lipo? Or should I get lipo then do my detox?

This is a question that is asked often. It is always better to loose weight before a procedure including liposuction.

I plan on having light post soon...........

yyou're much better losing weight before your liposuction as this will give you a better result. However it is not critical and you need to work around what's right for you.

Patrick Briggs, FRCSI(Plast Surg)
Perth Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

Generally, I recommend for patients to be as close to ideal body weight as possible prior to liposuction. I suggest a formal consultation with a VASER HI DEF body shaping physician who can contour and shape while also using fat to lift and sculpt. Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction and beach body reset?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • I suggest you do the liposuction first.
  • I also suggest you discuss it with your surgeon.
  • If you lose a few pounds after liposuction and keep them off, the fat will not return anywhere in the body.
  • Please be aware that the 'reset' is selling you a lot of supplements you probably don't need and a diet -
  • Short term diets, especially if very low calorie, do not lead to long term weight loss and can lead to eating disorders -
  • So if it seems too aggressive, find a different approach.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Best to do lipo at a stable weight

It's best to do lipo at your stable weight.  So, if you are at your baseline weight, it's best to do lipo before doing a program to "lean down".  If you are heavier than typical, though, do the exercise program first to get down to your usual baseline.

Lawrence Osman, MD

Lipo first or after

It's best that you are at your ideal weight before proceeding with surgery. I would wait until after to do the surgery but depending where you are at it might be ok after. It's best discussed directly with your surgeon.